Sign in to follow this  
neokles

FS2Crew Stops Working During Flight (or taxi)

Sometimes FS2Crew stops working during taxi, takeoff roll or even cruising.

I noticed that it is happening when FS decides to refresh traffic. As I am using FS realtime this happens in every flight when small adjustments on FS time are being made. After that FS2Crew Voice control is functioning OK (it is responding to voice commands), but the voice replied are not heard. So the co pilot becomes "silent" and silently does his/her tasks (not bad if she was mother in law!! ...but she isn't).

This makes very difficult to complete the checklists not to mention the Emergency procedures.

As no one can predict all different scenarios, I wonder if there is a way to "reload" the FS2Crew during flight and somehow sync it with the current flight state. This would also solve the problem of incorrectly recognizing failures like Hyd panel light during before start procedure.

It stops working almost everyday and it is really annoying as it needs to restart FS.

I haven't heard of this one before.

What happens if you don't use FS Realtime?

Re-loading:  Not really possible.  PMDG does not recommend using saved situation files, as do we, since they cause problems with complex 3rd party planes.

I will try for few days without FS Realtime and will let you know.Though refreshing traffic can occur for other reasons as well.

By reloading I mean to restart FS2C only without loading situation files.

Unfortunately the problem occurred again without fs real time and without refreshing traffic event.

I don't know if it is important but when I arrive I hear the bell for the "disarm slides" and the bell from the ground along with the first ground contact.

Completely random. Sometimes it happens even on the first flight of the day sometimes it works ok the whole day. it happens even when I load a new flight and it doesn't happen when loading a saved one!

Other symptoms (probably irrelevant but...)

during preflight checklist the co pilot usually (not always) complains when I say that levers are cutoff

when I enable the EmergencyX I copilot sometimes announces a master caution during "before start procedure" when the hyd panels is set to on

I will try the fsx.cfg

First flight with new fsx.cfg and first crash of FS2C responses

Make sure you apply Hesus' Bojote's FSX CFG tweaker tool to your new FSX.CFG.

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

But you still shouldn't be getting a crash with a brand new FSX.cfg file.

Is your computer otherwise healthy?

I tweaked the FSX.CFG with this tool. I do not have any other problems on the PC to make me suspect a PC or WIN7 problem. I will stop using FSPassengers for few days just for testing.