Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

autothrottle problem

Hi

I seem to have a problem with my Saitek throttle and my 777.

I have a registered  copy of fsuipc and set up my throttles through fsuipc as I've been told the Saitek software is not the best.My problem is that following the tutorial, when I try to increase the throttles they either do not increase power or briefly increase then return to idle. Clicking on the mcp hot spot, does not make any difference,

any ideas?

thanks

Pete Little

Hi,

I don't have Saitek throtlle but had the same issue with my PFC throttle. To solve it I have configured my levers as "Send direct to fsuipc calibration" with the proper axis name (throttle1/throttle2).

But in the calibration window, I don't set the calibration and leave the tick boxes blank.

If you do so, you may notice that your axis are inverted. That is not a big issue:

Keep in mind the names of your throttle axis in fsuipc (e.g: 2U & 2R,) Then open the fsuipc.ini file and add (or remove) ",*-1" after the line corresponding to your axis.

You should have something like: "2=2U,256,D,9,0,0,0,*-1"

It works perfectly for me.

Hope it may help solving your issue.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Not sure if this helps. I use Saitek X52PRO for all my flying and I don't have a registered FSUIPC.

I have not had a problem with PMDG 777 or any other Sim. and I only use the calibration settings within FSX to set them up.

Might be worth forgetting FSUIPC and give this a try. 

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440

You're probably if you have a single axis throtlle or don't have any reverser axis. I didn't think of that but in that case fsuipc may not be necessary. 

Another think regarding fsx calibration is that in numerous topics I have read regarding throtlle axis calibration, lots of people say that Fsx actually doesn't take much care or doesn't manage very well the deadzone and the sensitivity and recommand to set the deadzone to 0 and sensitivity to max and to set tham out of fsx calibration.

It's true that I don't feel much difference between different settings in the fsx calibration.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi budbud

Thanks for the info.I've figured out a fix but this gives me other problems going from a 2 eng a/c to a 4 eng one not sure yet if this wil only be a pmdg thing or if I will have other config problems,so before I post a new thread, I'm going to chk first.

My throttle quadrant by the way is the Saitek 3 lever quad that comes with the Cessna yoke

cheers

Pete Little