Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Where Did All The Manuals Go?

I finally got the money together to buy the 777 manuals, and there are none showing on the PMDG website!  Where did they go?!!

I touched on that very subject here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/437924-printed-manuals/

Only the MD11 Manuals available.

You may come to a different conclusion than me. . Bear in mind, that the manuals are not kept in a storage shed for distribution, orders as they come in, are sent to the publishers, and freighted from there (Wisconsin)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ok, I got an answer off the ticket support system.  They are currently out of the printed manuals, but should have them again soon....darn.  I guess I'll have to wait a while.

Worth the wait if you ask me. Unless you wanna go through the trouble of printing and binding the manuals yourself from the PDFs  :lol:

As it's not possible to print them, it's out of the question. But if it was, I believe it would me much cheaper than buying the manuals.

But printing prices could differ from country to country though, as here we have these huge printing shops printing hundreds of pages for almost nothing! But it's black and white, low quality binders, nowhere as nicely organized as the PMDG ones.

They are currently out of the printed manuals, but should have them again soon.

How can they be out of them ? Orders are sent to the publishers?  They are not kept in a warehouse, you order, they print.

And the link to the thread which I linked to above has been removed. Why ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

And the link to the thread which I linked to above has been removed. Why ?

Struck a nerve would be my guess.

Struck a nerve would be my guess.

Yes, I think so.

As it's not possible to print them, it's out of the question. But if it was, I believe it would me much cheaper than buying the manuals.

I don't know. Private print... would probably end up cheaper. 

Commercial.. that is expensive over here. Although the shipping, might still end up cheaper (but won't be as nice. And won't be colored)

I don't know. Private print... would probably end up cheaper. 

Commercial.. that is expensive over here. Although the shipping, might still end up cheaper (but won't be as nice. And won't be colored)

Well, I had 260 pages to be printed which was part of a Tu-154 manual, ended up costing me 15 levas, which is maybe 7 dollars. Then I had another manual consisting of 109 pages costing me 7 levas, which is like 4 dollars). It was crazily cheap and the location was in Bulgaria. But it wasn't that high quality but still perfectly readable, and in black and white. For the price, I can't complain. This was at a commercial printing shop. (The shops are scattered over the capital and of course I went there in real life with my USB brick which contained the manuals)

Ok, I got an answer off the ticket support system.  They are currently out of the printed manuals, but should have them again soon....darn.  I guess I'll have to wait a while.

Ah, fantastic news!  The reply I received said they had no idea if/when they'd have the printed manuals available again.  Glad you got a more difinitive answer :)  Going to jump at them the next time they're available.

Where did they go?!!

Was wondering this too. I did get the FCOM Vol. 1 and posters 2 or 3 months before the software was released. But would like the other manuals too.

Consider getting the 777 posters too if they offer them again. The printing is top quality.