Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

Please HELP! I've gone and ruined my water animation!

Hey all, I hope you're all well.

I've built my new rig (it's running FSX very nicely) installed EVERYTHING AGAIN, which took so long it almost made me cry.

I'm using Steve's fixer, as usual, which has now - as far as I'm concerned after v2.0 - made FSX DX10 the only choice. BUT, after finishing my settings in REX, I must of ticked the 'Water Animation' boxes accidentally (basically, I was rushing about trying to get everything finished, ready to fly) and NOOOOOO! I've installed some awful REX water animation. The reason for the "NOOOOOO!" is because my REX backup didn't backup (I originally had the FSX folder within REX set incorrectly) so I can't easily revert.

So, can anyone please help me? I've spent days and days building a new rig, installing 150GB of FSX stuff......again, getting my 4770k OC stable, only to balls it all up right at the bloody finishing line! Any help (preferably the original DX10 water animation files) would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you

Would give a lot for that too. Rex can really mess up water animation for fsx dx10. And mine also did not back up.

Right, well that's two of us in dire need of the original files! 

I'm to blame, my fault entirely, but PLEASE, I'm tired, I'm now upset, I need those files. Some kind person out there can help, I'm sure. :)

That's extremely kind of you, Danny, thank you. But I already have the HLSL file (as backup). I'm reasonably sure the REX animations alter files in the FSX/effects folder. Although I'm no expert. So I'm hoping someone here is :D  

I think it's these files I need:

OceanHeight20FieldHigh.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer1.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer2.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer3.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer4.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLayer5.dds
OceanHeight20FieldLow.bmp
OceanHeightField.bmp

All located in FSX/Texture. Although are these for DX10, too?

I'd appreciate if someone could upload these files (stock), it's worth a try.

just make a folder on your desktop, install fsx to that folder and take the textures out of that folder. after ur done trash it, and nothing will have changed in your original installation, as well as the registry.

Its by far the easiest way I think.

I think you're right, I just downloaded and installed the final FSX demo to do just that. Unfortunately the files are not comprehensive. I'll try the full version.

Cheers. ;)

EDIT: Ha, it's only allowing a repair or remove.....the launcher knows I've already got it installed.......happy days!

I'm installing a new install on an old laptop so if you can give me some time, I'll get you what you need.

Danny

I'm installing a new install on an old laptop so if you can give me some time, I'll get you what you need.

You sir, are a fine example of generosity. Thank you very much.

I've tried messing with the 'OceanHeight' files and they do indeed affect animation. So those I posted above (or at least whatever ones install with a stock FSX) should do the trick.

Thank you again. Very kind of you.

Not a problem. I had needed some effects files before and had it on my other PC as a backup but have since removed it. I'll leave it on the old laptop as a back up. Check your PM.

Danny

SOLVED!

Danny receives my prestigious 'Helpful Human of the Year' award. What a great guy.

Thank you 

Hello,

experienced the same thing yesterday.

Could you also send me the necessary files to repair ?

thanks.

Eddy.