Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - Quick PMDG 777 SP1 Update

Captains,

We just rounded the corner into the new month, so I wanted to give you a quick update to let you see some things we have in store for you.

All my updates of late have been text, so here is a quick preview on two new items you will see in the SP1 update that will be released soon:

Weather Radar

Data Uplink Capability

I don't have a ton to tell you about these two features just yet- so we will let the image do all the talking for once.

We'll be able to give you some release information a bit later in April, too!

PMDG777SP1Preview.jpg

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hm...April fools or legitimate.... I'll go with legitimate.

Is this a dream, or april fools, or the greatest thing to become of my FSX. Thanks Mr. Randazzo for making dreams come true. 

Dane Quartel 

Thank you Robert! Great News!

Is this a dream, or april fools, or the greatest thing to become of my FSX. Thanks Mr. Randazzo for making dreams come true.

It's true

I don't think PMDG has a sense of humor when it comes to weather radars, well done! The April update should be quite impressive.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

If this is an April fools joke, it's certainly a cruel, cruel one. I'm really hoping it's not but rational thought has other ideas...

For a minute I thought... but alas it's almost certainly an April fools joke. So cruel...

April 1st.

While a Weather Radar from ActiveSky Next might be plausable,

Data Uplink?

yeaaa... no.

Good looking picture though.

Hmmm... Well played. Well played indeed.

Almost thought this was real, but I don't think so given the date.

Second Alternate choice.. "APFL" Certainly April fools. Cruel, cruel April fools.

Second Alternate choice.. "APFL" Certainly April fools. Cruel, cruel April fools.

Well spotted

April 1st.

While a Weather Radar from ActiveSky Next might be plausable,

Data Uplink?

yeaaa... no.

Good looking picture though.

I'm still cautious, it's April 1st, but the fact that ASN offers a legitimate weather radar, based on real clouds, leads some credence to this possibility.  PMDG's stance all this time was that they could not see the point in modeling WX radars because the radar would be depicting fake clouds/precipitation based on some random occurrence in the simulator.  Since ASN offers it's own radar that reads real precipitation/cloud data, it makes sense that they may license the technology to be integrated in the 777.   But for this to be true, wouldn't the user be required to own ASN to use this realistic radar?   I'm a bit puzzled, but in the back of my mind I have always thought it would be great to merge the ASN wx radar into the PMDG 777.