Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Feature Preview - WX RADAR

Could do with the WX now - just done a VALLY1 departure from KMIA, reached FL360 and I'm getting thrown about all over the shop!

Could do with the WX now - just done a VALLY1 departure from KMIA, reached FL360 and I'm getting thrown about all over the shop!

I'm on route EGKK-VRMM, just flying over the Persian Gulf lovely blue clear skies. Though ASN TAF for VRMM at my arrival time is TSRA SCT 017 and FEW018CB could do with the weather radar then!!!!

your getting clear air turbulence ?  so WX not much good to you there

ZORAN

I'm FL360 in MIA CTR and getting a beat down too.  Nothing I can do to avoid at this point.  

Has PMDG said anything about the 200ER? Sooooo many airlines use the 200ER.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Gents-

I have seen a couple of really dumb replies in this thread that were made by folks who act is if they are informed when in fact they are not.

As a result of their ineptitude, I need to clarify a few things to make sure nobody runs off and repeats the dumb things that these inepticons posted here...   (Yes, I am annoyed by it... Sorry.)

1) Yes, we are planning to port the ASN connectivity for wx radar to the NGX.  No we do not know when this will happen.

2) SP1 and the 300ER will release at the same time.

3) The wx radar connection with ASN is part of SP1, and thus will not cost you anything.  We did it this way because we want all PMDG 777 drivers to have access to it, not just those who purchase the 300ER extension.

4) No, the 300ER isn't "holding up" SP1.  In fact, quite to the contrary the 300ER is dependent upon SP1 which is not quite finished yet.

So please folks- if you see anyone repeating some of the wrong answers posted by inepticons in this thread above, please correct them.

Thank you,

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

3) The wx radar connection with ASN is part of SP1, and thus will not cost you anything.  We did it this way because we want all PMDG 777 drivers to have access to it, not just those who purchase the 300ER extension.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to give a set of responses to common question. Please allow me to further elaborate on your point 3 as I have a strong feeling that there will be follow up questions to this. So to clarify everyone, ASN connection to wx radar service to 777 will be free but it does not mean ASN is going to come free with PMDG 777. Just the connectivity. :)

Just to add to the dumb questions, will the 200ER be before or after the 744 V2?

I can confidentally say that if there will be 200ER, which I do pray that there will be, it will not be before 744V2.

Bilal Asif Khan

This looks very nice indeed, but seen as i dont own the 777 or have any interest in it my question will seem selfish. Is this coming to the NGX also? (when is the next SP coming out for that too, still things need sorting in her).

This looks very nice indeed, but seen as i dont own the 777 or have any interest in it my question will seem selfish. Is this coming to the NGX also? (when is the next SP coming out for that too, still things need sorting in her).

comon man at least always read the last page of a thread before posting  B)

4th post up

ZORAN

comon man at least always read the last page of a thread before posting  B)

4th post up

Haha Fair enough, I had read prob 5 pages of the thread and then decided to post.

your getting clear air turbulence ?  so WX not much good to you there

Yup, it was CAT but there was some weather I could have done with avoiding when I left KMIA in the first place!

Yeah its funny though , we spend good money to get real weather and then do our best to avoid it all lol. Its  all good fun ..

ZORAN

This is probably a silly question and probably not the right place but how much better is ASN than AS2012?  Can someone put a link to a comprehensive review?  Or point me in the right direction towards a discussion in the right place?

This is probably a silly question and probably not the right place but how much better is ASN than AS2012?  Can someone put a link to a comprehensive review?  Or point me in the right direction towards a discussion in the right place?

Basically it's a whole new weather system, which has significantly improved from the old 2012 version. Just visit Hifi's website for all the details.

Speaking of weather engines and their capability to provide sufficient data for PMDG's weather radar: The makers of FSGRW have contacted PMDG several times regarding this particular topic, since they are able to provide all the data that is needed to power PMDG's weather engine. After various e-mails PMDG hasn't responded in a way where they could have had any cooperation with PILOT's and their FSGRW to support this particular weather engine.

I do hope that one day other sophisticated weather engines such as FSGRW, which in my opinion is superior to AS NEXT, will be supported by PMDG.