Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - Happy April Fools'. (OH did you guys make us laugh!)

Captains-

we had decided to cancel the 300ER completely and simply move the resources to the 747-400v2.0....

That a good move sir. :lol:

Best regards,

Mo

Mo45

But excuse me for asking a stupid question, but what is this sat link feature?

RSR said he would explain it later (today?tomorrow?), so there should be some clairty about what is included and what is not.

Datalink

...but don't go running off googling it, because you'll probably expect something completely different.  Datalink is often referenced as CPDLC, which this is not.  It's more a specific FMC tie in of data communication.  I'll let Robert explain the details of it, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Datalink

...but don't go running off googling it, because you'll probably expect something completely different.  Datalink is often referenced as CPDLC, which this is not.  It's more a specific FMC tie in of data communication.  I'll let Robert explain the details of it, though.

Thanks for the answers so far, I will look forward to see what RSR has to say about this feature :)

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm happy that the future for Wx radar is the present, and that PMDG is implementing it and the datalink on the 777.  I'm also hopeful that they will implement these upgrades in a service pack to the NGX as well. All of the PMDG aircraft deserve to be on the cutting edge of being as realistic as possible.  I'm certain the developers at PMDG will make it happen.  Thank you for all of your hard work! 

I must say, that was one epic prank. Kudos to Ryan for coming up with that.

Regards.

Well played indeed.

Now those VATSIM controllers are going to get a lot of thunderstorm deviation requests this spring/summer! 

Chris Lundberg

i wonder if this will eventually be incorporated in the NGX too?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

You definitely caught me out. I thought this was a near impossibility for Flight Sim X, but I appear to be wrong! Nicely played.

With the photoshopped image and the fact it was the 1st April - I just couldn't believe you guys... Nonetheless, I guess we applaud you for your work and making such things possible. 

Gents-

While we certainly do appreciate the kind words- lets not forget that we created the airplane side of the implementation.  The really difficult stuff with respect to managing precipitation in the sim was done by HiFi... 

Just don't want that to get lost in the shuffle!

For those that asked:  This will get added to the NGX at some point.  (No- I cannot give you any ETA info at the moment.)  It will also be in the 744v2.0 at release time.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

While we certainly do appreciate the kind words- lets not forget that we created the airplane side of the implementation.  The really difficult stuff with respect to managing precipitation in the sim was done by HiFi... 

Just don't want that to get lost in the shuffle!

For those that asked:  This will get added to the NGX at some point.  (No- I cannot give you any ETA info at the moment.)  It will also be in the 744v2.0 at release time.

This confirms my intention of purchasing the NGX - I'll wait for SP2 though, enough money to spend soon on the 300ER, the Q400, and FS2Crew for both!

sig01.png

As an avid NGX user, I am tickled pink to hear this is going into the NGX. I have been using ASN for some time now and believe it has revolutionized weather depiction in FS. Good to see their hard work being honoured so royally in the T7/NGX and upcoming 747XV2...

Thank you

A

I'm unsure if this might be relevant but are you going to add the ASN feature when you release the 737NGX, 777 and the 747v2 for Prepar3D v2.2 (ASN has a beta for the Prepar3d V2).

Júnior Silva

I'm unsure if this might be relevant but are you going to add the ASN feature when you release the 737NGX, 777 and the 747v2 for Prepar3D v2.2 (ASN has a beta for the Prepar3d V2).

ASN is a seperate weather system product from a different addon company. ASN needs to be purchased via HIFI simulations.

Bilal Asif Khan

ASN is a seperate weather system product from a different addon company. ASN needs to be purchased via HIFI simulations.

I am aware of that. I made my quote a bit too vague. I meant to say "Are they going to use that weather radar feature (works with ASN) when they release the 737NGX, 777 and the 747v2 for Prepar3d V2.2".

Júnior Silva