Sign in to follow this  
GrizRod1

PMDG 777 Will Not Descend To Land On Auto Cruise

I set my MCP to 2,000ft, turn off the auto compression, running at 4x, I get a vertical path deviation indicator on the right side of my ND, but the throttle never go to idle for the decent for the decent to GIRMI with it's 230/13000B restriction. The aircraft just keeps cruising at 38,000 ft, following the decent and landing legs at that altitude. Waiting to hear from PMDG, but am hoping some one on this forum has run into this problem. Unable to find anything by searching.

Thanks

By auto cruise, you mean the NAV modes, right? Lnav & Vnav. Are they selected?

Is perf set up?

Are the legs correctly loaded on the fix page?

Are you descending on timecompression?

There's too many things to think about unless you provide a screenshot.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Even if your FMC is configured right, you have to reset your altitude to a lower level manually.

Didn't you guys read what he actually wrote?

Check to see you if you have any discontinuities on your desent and approach.

No all that would have showed up when the FMC was programed back at Male, I believe, and the MCP was lowered manually before top of decent marker. I believing I have a problem with the sim. It flies great up until descent time.

Can we please have a screenshot taken at the TOD point, showing the MCP and main displays?

Regards,

PD

Hi,

I'm not sure auto-cruise is designed for anything but cruise phase (as the name of the function implies).

This next comment is not aimed at anyone in particular, but it seems that the general standard of English reading comprehension has fallen to new lows. People use words, but fail to understand their meaning it seems.

Best regards,

Robin.

I set my MCP to 2,000ft, turn off the auto compression, running at 4x,

GrizRod1, if I understand you correctly (and Robin's point is a good one!), you are switching off the PMDG autocruise before TOD but still running in 4X (i.e. using FSX 4X sim rate)?  I doubt the PMDG is designed to work well in FSX increased sim rate, if that is indeed what you are doing.

What happens if you shut off autocruise and go to 1X before TOD, then set the MCP altitude to 2000 ft?

I think you are already doing this, but just to double check, if you have not set the MCP altitude down until after TOD, you need to click on the center of the MCP altitude knob to begin the descent.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks for all the replys, I just watched  a you tube video by a forum member doing the whole flight, I think I may have caught the problem. When I adjust  the MCP altitude to 38000 ft, for the flight, I turn the inner knob to the right to get 1,000 ft with every click of the outer knob. I see that he brings the inner knob back to auto after resetting the MCP altitude before the TD.

Nothing written in the tutorial on that. Hope that is it, Logitech speakers went out, not much over a year old, got to buy some knew ones before I do any more 777 flying.

That's not the problem,inner altitude MCP knob just controls rate of altitude change in MCP altitude window. You can use it as you think it's appropriate.

Thanks for all the replys, I just watched  a you tube video by a forum member doing the whole flight, I think I may have caught the problem. When I adjust  the MCP altitude to 38000 ft, for the flight, I turn the inner knob to the right to get 1,000 ft with every click of the outer knob. I see that he brings the inner knob back to auto after resetting the MCP altitude before the TD.

Nothing written in the tutorial on that. Hope that is it, Logitech speakers went out, not much over a year old, got to buy some knew ones before I do any more 777 flying.

Does FMC say "Reset MCP Altitude" near TOD?

Do you have any problems with your yoke/control setup? Maybe why throttle is stuck?

Have you set your altitude below 38000ft in the FMC in LEGS after TOD?

Check your VNAV Des in FMC.

Phil, thanks for your imput. I reset the altitude, but did not check the FMC which would be a good indication at least the FMC was calling to adjust the altitude, good think to check, I also bring the throttles on my sim controls at the same time. The first leg of the decent, the VNAV PTH is alwaysan idle path, there is no requirement to set the altitude below 38,000 ft. in the FMC after T/D or before, all the altitude and speed reqirements  for the descent and approach were programed in the FMC, before take off from Male. I think it's a PMDG 777 problem, reason I posted the question was hoping someone had seen this problem. Still waiting on PMDG for an answer. I'm almost sure they will say to reinstall the program.

I had the same issue, I was running Auto Cruise compression. Setting the altitude and waiting to get past the T/D point started working once in normal speed (just need to set to 2000, when FMC indicates no need to press the button in)

Thanks for all the replies. The PMDG 777 sim is running perfectly. I finally did what I was putting off doing, uninstalling and reinstalling FSX Acceleration and PMDG 777 again. Here's what I thought might be the problem. I had remnants of FSX and PMDG 777 left on my C:/ drive, all files and folders related to them were deleted. I uninstalled FSX and PMDG 777 from my E:/ drive, installed FSX as per instruction on one of the forum guides. I do not believe it was installed correctly, reinstalled PMDG 777 to my E:/ drive FSX folder. I then went back into my C:/ drive and renamed my fsx.CONFIG file,so FSX would load a new one, made the changes as per guide, reloaded the UlAutomation file, ran the Runtime installer for DirectX again, I'm using 9c version from the FSX program. I think a lot of problems with PMDG 777 can be blamed on DirectX9c, it needs fixing,IMO. I then detuned the graphics settings on FSX, which seemed to cure my CTD problem, part of which came from not having used Runtime installer brfore. The setting are close to the PMDG Intro guidelines , and I also turned all my traffic sliders to 0. Maybe with my new GTX 770 I can run max settings for most all of the graphics, but this is working great with my Nvidia GTX550TI.  I've got plenty of CPU, the i5 3570k which should run at 3.8ghz when the turbo mode kicks in, and 8gb of RAM. I have not used my overclock of 4.5ghz yet, as I've been two weeks fooling with everything to try PMDG 777 running and get to land my 777 in Dubai. What a relief, I was wondering if I'd ever get here.

I'm not sure auto-cruise is designed for anything but cruise phase (as the name of the function implies).

This next comment is not aimed at anyone in particular, but it seems that the general standard of English reading comprehension has fallen to new lows. People use words, but fail to understand their meaning it seems.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

Kyle Rodgers