Sign in to follow this  
tango4

Request for PMDG: List of items NOT SIMULATED (NGX and 777)

Hi everyone and especially PMDG team.

I think everything is in the title. For years, when browsing through a forum, you would see people answer to a newcomer "it's in the manual, go read it !". And that is definitely true.

The problem is that from the NGX onwards, realism is now very high, so high that the NGX and 777 are provided with the real FCOM.

So here comes my problem, some things are not simulated in those planes, but this is not clearly mentioned in the documentation.

Of course, for some items, it is obvious (EFB for example), but for others it is much more hidden.

I remember losing several hours wondering why in case fo engine failure at or above V1, the VNAV mode did not provide engine failure guidance although the version of the FMC simulated in the NGX was supposed to. Well, I decided to ask in this forum and guess what, not simulated ! But his is not mentioned in the manuals.

So I know this is not the way a company usually advertises, but in this case, I really think it would be helpul if we could have such a list in the documentation, updated according to the various service packs.

Here is my list for the NGX (I'm not yet familiar with the 777 to write one on my own).

-Weather Radar

-EFB

-Emergency gear release handles

-FMC: *Engine out VNAV guidance

*RTA (Required Time of Arrival

*ISA Dev in descent forecast

-Autoflight: A/T impossible to re engage after engine failure (Bug ??)

Am I forgetting things ?

Best regards to everyone and huge thanks to the PMDG team for providing us with such quality add ons.

UPDATED LIST:

-Weather Radar

-EFB

-Emergency gear release handles

-FMC: *Engine out VNAV guidance

*RTA (Required Time of Arrival

*ISA Dev in descent forecast

-Autoflight: A/T impossible to re engage after engine failure (Bug ??)

-Maintenance pages of the FMC
-Circuit breakers
  • Upvote 1

I doubt an EFB will happen. 

WX radar will be ported to the NGX according to RSR himself. Just not certain when.

I swear ISA dev is already in the descent forecast page of the NGX

RTA could be possible, maybe in the next SP if they decide.

The rest I wont comment because I'm not sure if they exist on the plane so I'll end it there.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Pretty sure I was doing single engine Autoland's with A/T on a few months back.   ENGINE out SID - you can build & activate on the secondary flight plan.  I think in order for an automated function to work we first need the data from the NAV database providers.

ISA DEV is something I really miss from Airbus, you have it displayed on the ECAM during climb & descent.

Regards

Rob Prest

First PMDG please accept my apologies for multiple posts, I kept having an error in my navigator, and thought my post wasn't online. If an admin could delete the other posts below that would be great (really sorry !!)

I doubt an EFB will happen. 

WX radar will be ported to the NGX according to RSR himself. Just not certain when.

I swear ISA dev is already in the descent forecast page of the NGX

RTA could be possible, maybe in the next SP if they decide.

The rest I wont comment because I'm not sure if they exist on the plane so I'll end it there.

ISA Dev appears and can be entered but I read somewhere that it is not taken into account  for descent calculations.

Pretty sure I was doing single engine Autoland's with A/T on a few months back.   ENGINE out SID - you can build & activate on the secondary flight plan.  I think in order for an automated function to work we first need the data from the NAV database providers.

ISA DEV is something I really miss from Airbus, you have it displayed on the ECAM during climb & descent.

Regards

I will check agains for auto thrust, but I'm pretty sure I can't re engage it after engine failure (I'mm talking of the NGX).

And I was not talking about engine out SID, but VNAV guidance (having the aircraft accelerate at engine out altitude that you enter in take off ref page 2).

Charles

My wishlist for an 'realism-upgrade' of the great PMDG products is the following:

- Maintenance based items such as a real Maintenance menu in de FMS.

- Circuit Breakers.

- MAT ('Maintenance Access Terminal').

Seriously, I HOPE PMDG will take a look to all our comments. It's not do downsize the quality and realism level of PMDG, it's to 'upsize' the level from great to more great. ^_^

My wishlist for an 'realism-upgrade' of the great PMDG products is the following:

- Maintenance based items such as a real Maintenance menu in de FMS.

- Circuit Breakers.

- MAT ('Maintenance Access Terminal').

Seriously, I HOPE PMDG will take a look to all our comments. It's not do downsize the quality and realism level of PMDG, it's to 'upsize' the level from great to more great. ^_^

Also, failures that trigger at what speed during the takeoff phase? I'd much prefer that than having to time engine fires/failures with my takeoff. 

All I want for the NGX are the ground roll sounds from the 777 and the Overhead panel and glareshield position height to be fixed. 

• Upvote 2

Also, failures that trigger at what speed during the takeoff phase? I'd much prefer that than having to time engine fires/failures with my takeoff. 

It is quite easy to program engine failures for specific stages of flight (including VR and V2) did you know that or want help in programming it?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Just to clarify the intent of my post, this is not meant to be a WISHLIST, but a list of what is not simulated in order to avoid confusion.

I'll try to update the list at the bottom of my first post according to replies.

It is quite easy to program engine failures for specific stages of flight (including VR and V2) did you know that or want help in programming it?

Really? Never saw any options in the CDU. I just timed my first takeoff at when V1, VR and V2 was, and then keyed in the numbers and took off in the exact same conditions. And yes, any help would be great. That'd mean less time preparing a practice flight and more time to actually do it  :lol:

Just to clarify the intent of my post, this is not meant to be a WISHLIST, but a list of what is not simulated in order to avoid confusion.

I'll try to update the list at the bottom of my first post according to replies.

Oops... Sorry to hijack your thread there buddy  :P

Really? Never saw any options in the CDU. I just timed my first takeoff at when V1, VR and V2 was, and then keyed in the numbers and took off in the exact same conditions. And yes, any help would be great. That'd mean less time preparing a practice flight and more time to actually do it  :lol:

Oops... Sorry to hijack your thread there buddy  :P

in the FMC, go to failures, programmed you can select engine failures at VR etc. PM if you get stuck (we're high jacking the topic)

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

in the FMC, go to failures, programmed you can select engine failures at VR etc. PM if you get stuck (we're high jacking the topic)

Doesn't seem to be any for engine fire though.. Oh well  :lol: Any more questions I have I'll PM you later. I'm gonna do some snooping around in the failure pages of the cdu now. (Only starting to utilize the failure simulation in the NGX) 

You really need them to point out that circuit breakers aren't fully modelled?

The flight crew never messes with them anyway...that's a job for maintenance.

Also, the introduction PDF on both the ngx and 777 give an overview of all the systems without need to read every page of the fcoms.

Not really getting the point of your request.

• Upvote 1

I know !!!

The point of my request is not getting an overview of the systems. It is avoiding spending hours figuring something out which I think is simulated while it is in fact not simulated.

I did not mention the circuit breakers in my first post initially because I would count this as obvious (as Wx radar and EFB). I only added it to try and make a COMPLETE list of what is not simulated.

And I am not complaining about anything here !!! I know breakers are not used by a flight crew on day to day operations. But I really spent time trying to understand the behaviour of Engine out VNAV and I was thinking that I was missing something. While the thing I was missing was that it is not simulated and it was not written anywhere that I know of.

So please everyone stop telling me that we'll get a weather radar and not an efb. I am aware of that and it is not the point of my post.

I just want to know if there are other functions of the plane not simulated that I might find in the FCOM or QRH.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

All I want for the NGX are the ground roll sounds from the 777 and the Overhead panel and glareshield position height to be fixed.

+1, can't understand why such an error wouldn't be fixed after 3 years.