Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Return to Outerra

No particular theme, just random shots within Outerra. So much still to be done, but the potential just jumps out at ya' B)

screen_1396377100_zps6d08f7dc.jpg

screen_1395626958_zps0aaa8d60.jpg

screen_1397178766_zpsc9448562.jpg

screen_1396361079_zps289e128c.jpg

screen_1394672459_zps7315c6a6.jpg

screen_1394672497_zpsdfceb9c2.jpg

screen_1395626791_zps07ffbf73.jpg

screen_1394318568_zps866f9e17.jpg

screen_1394345589_zps329d750b.jpg

screen_1394324662_zps95d3d6b8.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

If they get the flight dynamics right in the engine this could potentially take down P3D 2.0, FSX, and X-Plane

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

If they get the flight dynamics right in the engine this could potentially take down P3D 2.0, FSX, and X-Plane

goose pimples. Thank the Gods they have a real team working on flight sim development, and a kick starter demo in the works.

For the life of me, I can't understand why this isn't the hottest topic around here.

For the life of me, I can't understand why this isn't the hottest topic around here.

Because this will not amount to being a simulator.  They are too far away from anything and have been that way for years.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Because this will not amount to being a simulator.  They are too far away from anything and have been that way for years.

As with so many projects in this genre, either fully or tangentially, its up to the individual to decide whether the glass is half empty or half full.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

As with so many projects in this genre, either fully or tangentially, its up to the individual to decide whether the glass is half empty or half full.......

That is true.  I was totally a glass half full guy with Outerra about three years ago, but I have not seen enough movement.  It was in alpha stage then and it still it, plus it seems like it is going to be in alpha stage for a very looooooooong time.  Who know how long a beta would be, possibly another few years and then someone will have to actually want to take the engine that they are building and actually use that game engine to make a simulator.  Again, if, and that is a big if, but if that happens then it will be more years before something would even be released.

So, as beautiful as Outerra looks in its current, yet limited state, the reality is a flight simulator coming from this anytime in the next five to seven years would be unlikely.  If I do, however, see solid signs of a flight simulator coming from this, I will be in full support.  I guess I am still a glass half full guy on Outerra, but it has been such a long time waiting for something that much of the water has evaporated.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

That is true.  I was totally a glass half full guy with Outerra about three years ago, but I have not seen enough movement.  It was in alpha stage then and it still it, plus it seems like it is going to be in alpha stage for a very looooooooong time.  Who know how long a beta would be, possibly another few years and then someone will have to actually want to take the engine that they are building and actually use that game engine to make a simulator.  Again, if, and that is a big if, but if that happens then it will be more years before something would even be released.

So, as beautiful as Outerra looks in its current, yet limited state, the reality is a flight simulator coming from this anytime in the next five to seven years would be unlikely.  If I do, however, see solid signs of a flight simulator coming from this, I will be in full support.  I guess I am still a glass half full guy on Outerra, but it has been such a long time waiting for something that much of the water has evaporated.

I'm slightly worried as well, but Outerra has already exceeded any previous engine of its type in general speed, depth and usability. Other such engines seem to reach a certain almost inevitable plateau and stall, leaving me to believe there might be some very hard innate technical hurdles. But I also see the incredibly tiny Outerra team easing slowly and cautiously past them towards the first truly unique and modern flight simulation (capable) engine in years and years.

Even with X-planes Raleigh tweaks, the technology of the sim is the same thing that has been a standard for decades, and presents the same semi-immutable type of world with all of the old limitations.

I will always cheer those daring to pioneer a new direction despite all the accumulated inertia of the current paradigm. 

Devons rig