Sign in to follow this  
whammo11224

Need recommendations for aircraft please.

I am looking for at least one plane in each flight category. Light to heavy, freeware or not to expensive payware, but mostly freeware.

Thank you

Based on what is available now, I am really enjoying the ifly 737 and Majestic Q400.  These are payware... hopefully others can give you recommendations for freeware.

I really enjoy all the aircraft from Lionheart Creations, though they are mainly GA with exception of their Epic Victory very light jet and Quest Kodiak.

I'm using the Alabeo 172R as well and it's fit the nitch for a high wing GA.

IRIS re-released their A-10, which was already fantastic, with support for P3Dv2, and it's also been a hoot to fly around in.

The Milviz 737 supposedly has a couple of problem in P3Dv2, but from what I understand they aren't major ones. I haven't reinstalled mine into P3Dv2 yet as I'm still enjoying the low and slow beauty of v2. It worked great in v1 and v2.1 for me.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I like the iFly, have it for both FS9 and FSX, but I can't kick out $79 again for it. As far as the Majestic goes, very good reviews and videos. I was wondering if the plane always require a cold and dark start?

Thanks

Try the 757 freenium (Google it). Works great in p3d and has a great vc

I like the iFly, have it for both FS9 and FSX, but I can't kick out $79 again for it. As far as the Majestic goes, very good reviews and videos. I was wondering if the plane always require a cold and dark start?

Thanks

No, it loads up in a ready for engine start condition, electrical systems powered up, so it theoretically only takes a few switches if you want to kick the tires and light the fires.  There are no built-in saved panel states, which is kind of a bummer, but maybe there will be in the pro version.

Both the Quality Wings aircraft (BA146/Avroliner and Boeing 757) run very well and are ready to install in P3d v2.2.

Also the Aerosoft A320 works well too but at the moment is not yet officially certified for P3d

Chris

At the risk of being accused of self promotion:

1950's era two seater trainer: T-28A Trojan (free and compatible with P3D V2 and FSX)

www.antsairplanes.com

www.antsairplanes.com

Light Sport Aircraft:

I own the Alabeo PiperSport ($22.95 USD). I've got a soft spot for this plane, I think it's a beautiful work of art. It isn't the best performing LSA but it's pretty decent. Performance table says it can do 97 knots at 3000 ft at 5000 RPM, and I was able to replicate this exactly, although I was heading into the wind. With the same wind as tailwind I was doing about 102 knots. Clean stall at 38 knots as per POH and Vs0 at 32 knots as per POH and verified with the Alabeo model. Flies nice, but note that is does not have the Dynon screens and instead sticks with the base PiperSport steam gauges option. 

General Aviation:

For P3D v2 I only own the A2A Simulations Cessna 172 ($49.99 USD) and the Alabeo PA-38 Tomahawk ($22.95). I must say the A2A C172 is the best in class. It is seriously, one of the best planes released for FSX/P3D in my opinion. The Tomahawk is nice, but pretty basic.

Business Jets:

Just have the Carenado Phenom 100 ($39.99 USD). Make no mistake, it's a very clear case of a beautiful plane with your typical Carenado/FSX avionics level of fidelity. But still, given the quality of the exterior model and just how nice it is to be able to fly a jet that sits in the VLJ category with short hops, I don't regret getting one at all.

Airliners:

Own the Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 ($46.50 USD), but haven't flown it yet so I can't say how good it is, but certainly it is the best Airbus you can get at this stage and possibly for at least a few months until the FSL Airbus A320 is released.

Thank you for all the responses. I was really thinking about limiting the hanger for P3D. Sometimes you can have so many, you don't really enjoy them. I gonna get good ones for each category and just concentrate on learning them fully. Before I start loading up the hanger.

Thanks

In addition to the other great suggestions, I'd like to add the Aerosoft OV10 Bronco - amazing little aircraft with great modelling, flight dynamics and a hoot to fly VFR because of the visibility. 

My current picks in P3DV2:

Medium: Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

Light: ORBX Vans RV4

My current picks in P3DV2:

Medium: Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

Light: ORBX Vans RV4

I do own the Twin Otter (came with the PC Pilot sub). So I guess that category is covered.

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks