Sign in to follow this  
Fabrice

Considering buying, but...

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering buying this software, but...

I'm currently using DX9, with 4 monitors. Three for the virtual cockpit view (with a TripleHead2Go) and a fourth monitor where I drag my zoomed instruments (I'm in full screen).

With DX9, I obtain most of the time 30 fps (limit set in NVidia inspector) with some slow down to 25 fps. As I have a lot of add-ons, I often experience OOMs, or at least the famous fsuipc "dings".

As I read that DX10 with FSX has a lot better memory management, I'm interrested in this software. But as the cost is quite high, I wanted to try DX10 without it at first (I fly only by day to avoid the DX10 grey textures issue). An here is my problem: where I obtain 25-30 fps with DX9, I obtain 8-15 fps with DX10! The funny thing is that if I don't use my 4th monitor, I get 15-22 fps!

You understand that I don't want to buy this softwarte until I get at least the same fps as with DX9.

So it would be nice if you could give me some advice or tips to have better fps with DX10. I will certainly purchase this soft if I can prove myself that I can do some flights without OOMs and without loss of performance.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Hi Fabrice - I can't comment on multi-monitor setups (I only have the one) but of all your add-ons, I think the worst frame rate killer will be hi-res clouds. Do you use REX (or similar?).

How does your system (with all monitors running) perform in DX10 without the fixer?

Sadly, the freeware shaders Steve released are so outdated now (or rather the Fixer has moved on so much) that you won't really get a good idea of what the full add-on may or may not do.

It may be worth asking Steve whether there's likely to be some way of testing a newer version of the Fixer - albeit in some limited way. I suspect there'll be many people in a similar position (on the fence!).

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I feel the same way.  30$ and not 100% sure its going to work with my add-on and stop OOM issue is hard to decide on.

the only time I have OOM is FSdreamteams CYVR, Orbx NA pacific Northwest, and PMDG 777.  When Ifly into that airport no matter what I put my settings on I rarely get off the runway before FSX shuts down on me.

Hard to spend that much money for that one problem.  If I knew 100% that this program would fix this problem I would purchase this program.

Any comment would be welcomed 

Don't know much about DX10.  Just heard if you are getting a lot of OOM this software my be the answer. So if I am right this program does nothing for DX10 in the way it reduces the OOM it will do this just by selecting DX10 preview in the FSX settings menu.  This program fixes add-ons that don't normally work with DX10?  if this is so is the PMDG 777,  Orbx NA pacific Northwest and FSdreamteam CYVR work well with Steve Fixer DX10?

Thanks for your time its much appreciated

William Coade

Yes, that's correct any benefit in OOM comes from dx10 itself. Without the fixer you will notice errors such as flashing runways even in default fsx airports, In Orbx PNW you will see cars with black rectangles in front of them, the PDMG will be fine I think, I don't know about CYVR, it will be fine in the day certainly.

The fixer should resolve most issues.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot for your replies. Actually, by continuing testing, I noticed I had more and more problems. I then decided to completely uninstall all my add-ons and FSX, remove all folders in AppData and re-installed everything (it took two full days...).

Now, I'm in DX9 again with FSX almost maxed out, and after a few flight, not a single issue, OOM or even FSUIPC ding, with constant 30fps (25 over Paris). So, for now, I'm not conisdering using DX10 anymore.

Thanks anyway to all of you who took the time to reply and, who knows, maybe I will come back soon and test DX10. Thanks Steve of being one of these persons spending days and days trying to improve our flightsim experience.

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert