Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

Orbx p3d installation error... help

I've scoured around on AVSIM and other web sites and I can't seem to find a resolution to this problem. There are hints at it, but nothing specifically addressing p3dV2.2.

Im trying to install Orbx's Rocky Mountain scenery, yet when I get to the part of choosing FSX or P3D, after pushing the radio button for P3D, I get this error message.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odg6c7i5jtt4vtk/ScreenHunter_03%20Apr.%2019%2010.03.jpg

Anyone know of a solution??

Thanks in advance, and an apology if this has been covered and I just missed it.

John

I think you get that error message when the scenery is incompatible with the sim. So far as I am aware the only US West Coast scenery which is currently compatible with V2 is PNW. 

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

I bump this thread, because I have the same problem, but I have it with FTX global.

Any help would be very appreciated

Uncle_adolph is correct about not having the compatible version of the scenery for your version of P3D, however, all of the Orbx northwest scenery is compatible with P3Dv2...

You'll need to download the newest sceneries again from FlightSim Store.  Example, for FTX Global:  you need v1.10 to install into P3Dv2.2 or v2.3, then, install update 1.20

Go to the Orbx forum, at this link, for all Orbx scenery compatible with P3D v2.2/2.3..... http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68566-master-list-of-all-p3d2-ready-orbx-products/

I checked that link with all versions I have, and had to go to FlightSim Store and re-download all my scenery that was compatible with P3Dv2..., and all installed with no flaws.

Hope you get it figured out.

Rod

Rod Beck

Besides ensuring that you have the latest installer, be VERY sure to unzip/extract the installer from what you've downloaded..  It's crazy how many times I've read about people complaining about an installer not working when it's still inside a zip file.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS