Sign in to follow this  
sgilmore467

Map tiles not loading correctly

I have been using TileProxy for a long time now and love it. But suddenly it does not load correctly. When I start proxy and then FSX, something other than the default FSX scenery loads, which is, of course good. But what is loading now is all messed up. It is like squares of scenery are loaded that do not go together, I have water appearing on my runway. And there is supposed to be a large river flowing beside the runway that I fly out of. It is not longer there; just green grass. I could go on about what is wrong, but just leave it at everything is screwed up.

I do not remember changing anything in settings.

It seems that it maybe has to do with the order of loading scenery. But the "order thing" is something I have never understood. If someone could give me a basic primer on why things need to be in a certain order, and what order that should be, I would really appreciate your help.

But maybe my problem has nothing to do with load order. All I know is that Tileproxy used to work fantastically, and now it loads only garbage. Maybe it has to do with the latest map version I am using which is 2398.

Thanks for helping me get TileProxy back to the beautiful way it used to be.

I have been using TileProxy for a long time now and love it. But suddenly it does not load correctly. When I start proxy and then FSX, something other than the default FSX scenery loads, which is, of course good. But what is loading now is all messed up. It is like squares of scenery are loaded that do not go together, I have water appearing on my runway. And there is supposed to be a large river flowing beside the runway that I fly out of. It is not longer there; just green grass. I could go on about what is wrong, but just leave it at everything is screwed up.

I do not remember changing anything in settings.

This sounds similar to the other problem you were having with the Grand Canyon (GC) addon scenery.  Check out the previous posts I made on this subject to see if that fixes the problem.  Here is the link:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/424831-tileproxy-not-working-at-grand-canyon/?p=2841058

The easiest way to check is to simply delete any addon scenery you have in the area of the problem tiles...

Good luck,

John

Thanks John. I did review the last info. Thanks for the recall. But it is more complicated than that. Because no matter what airport I start at, when using TileProxy, the scenery is all messed up. Anywhere in the world. Places where I have never added scenery to. I can't figure it out. I think I will try to reinstall TilePRoxy.

But I can not find a place to download it. The only reference I find is to download it at Sourceforge.net. But that site is not working. Do you know where else I could get a cop?

Or any other Ideas on what could be going on?

Thanks.

ut I can not find a place to download it. The only reference I find is to download it at Sourceforge.net. But that site is not working. Do you know where else I could get a copy?

You could try to un-check the Addon Scenery in the Scenery Library.  It should be at the top of the scenery list.  This would eliminate any possible addon scenery conflicts with the Tileproxy  "World_" scenery.  See if this clears up your problems.  If not, you could try a Tileproxy re-install as follows...

You should be OK re-installing Tileproxy from the file you already downloaded previously.  The file name is "Tileproxy_Beta8_Nov16.zip". If you need to download it again, here is the link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tileproxy/files/?source=navbar

it should work...

When you re-install TileProxy, be sure to do a TileProxy un-install and restart your PC before doing a re-install.  I would also delete the \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Tileproxy folder from FSX and delete the tileproxy.sys file from the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder before the re-install.

Other than the above, I don't have an idea of what your problem might be.  Perhaps somebody else will have some additional ideas.

John

Thanks again for your help and the detail of your response. I again tried everything you said, and nothing works, including a complete uninstall and reinstall.

But here is something I noticed that may be of importance. No files are being generated in the cache.service1 folder. Shouldn't files be added there as you fly over areas of terrain? I rechecked the path and it seems to be correct.

Also, something else I noticed when I start up TileProxy that may give a clue as to what is going on.

In addition to no files being generated in Cacheservice, The first "wafer shape" that fills in with astericks remains completely blank. Would that five a clue to the problem?

Thanks for your continued help.

To summarize my problem:

TileProxy seems to start.

But it will not download any tiles into the cache. In fact the cache folder was not even created when I did a reinstall.

The first "oval" to fill with asterick marks never loads. But hte others do.

I found this link from 2009. IT DESCRIBES EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME. hE ATTACHED A PICTURE THAT GIVES YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT IS ALSO HAPPENING WITH ME.

Keep in mind that I have used TileProxy for years with no problem. Suddenly with no changes that I am aware of to my system, it stopped working.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/263774-0-access-0-hits-please-please-help/

Please, anyone, help.