Sign in to follow this  
Jakub Compel

fuel onboard - incorrect status

That page is all screwed up - Every G1000 Carenado as released has been wrong on this MFD page. Bert actually fixed the TBM by correcting the calculations in the gauge file. Check the TBM area for the thread.

I have been after Carenado on every release to fix this. How could something so friggen obvious not be corrected after 5 +/- G1000 releases.....and its not just the fuel on board - its every single trip function on the page....

I sent Carenado a list of what each value represents - hopefully they are taking there time to fix this....this has been the longest wait for an SP but I would wait over a month as long as they fix what needs to be fixed.

I noticed that the remaining fuel AUX page is correct only if you don't touch the fuel settings e.g. Leave it at 417 gallons. It correctly reflects the fuel burn, but then not sure if the actual fuel burn rate is realistic.

consumption is probably alright .. but .. for example, I'm set fuel on 200 gallons ..  it is okay, but  indicator shows still full state, therefore next calculations are not right .. for flight ... fuel decreasing but still only from a maximum value

There is a fuel low warning on the CAS display in the PFD, this is based on the fuel in the status panel that is pervasive on the MFD - it's the fuel info page on AUX page that seems to be out. The PPH and the pounds of fuel seem to be accurate as is the fuel status display.

HI Guys

so what means this in the "G1000_configEMBP100.xml"

//-------END ADDED VARS-------//
                                //-------STARTING FUEL-------//
                                94 (>L:G1000_ManualFuelRemain, gallons)                                    //Starting Fuel Quantity value used for all fuel calculations.
                                (A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, gallons) (>L:G1000_ManualFuelRemain, gallons)    //Uncomment ( remove the // ) if you wnat FSX to set the Fuel qantity
                                                                                                        //to the acctual amount of fuel in the aircraft.  This is only done at
                                                                                                        //startup.  Any fuel added after will need to be set in the EIS System page.

I just discovered this yesterday but don't have right now the time,  to dig in any further!

Bruno

Bruno 

Hi Guys:

Sorry, I do not seem to find the "G1000_configEMBP100.xml"

Can someone point me into the right direction ?

Thanks,

Art

Lockheed Martin or FSX \gauges\EMB500_G1000.CAB   but a don't know what to do with this .. I don't understand ...

Thank you FeRo. I found it. But as well as you, I have some ideas what to do with it, but I am not 100% sure.

By the other hand, assuming I was able to modify it using Notepad (mainly FUEL), what do I need to do with the new XML compressed it (zipped it back - I am using ZIP files- and ONLY this file) and include it back on the CAB file ?

What I did was:

. Unzipped the CAB file into a temporary file.

. Open with Notepad the G1000_configEMBP100.xml

. Modify the file ( for example fuel) wich I still have not done, and save it.

. ZIPPED it back (only that file) into the CAB file in FSX \gauges\EMB500_G1000.CAB

If someone has done it and being able to change, I wold truly appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Art

Bert changed the calculations in the TBM gauge file to the correct ones. I sent the changed gauge file to Carenado to see what the calculations code should be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the items listed in the FUEL STATS box that are wrong and need
correction.

Fuel Onboard: This is obvious - Amount of fuel remaining onboard.

Efficiency: Fuel economy value. (Lbs/NM) (NM/Gal) or (Gal/NM) or etc.

Total Endurance: Amount of flight time available based on current fuel onboard at
current fuel flow rate.

Rem Fuel: The amount of fuel onboard that will be remaining at your

destination. This is based on cruise fuel consumption and will change if FF changes.

Rem Endurance: The amount of flight time you will have remaining once you reach your
destination. Based on current FF status.

Fuel Req: Amount of fuel required to make it to destination. Based on current consumption and

efficiency value.

Total Range: Total amount of flyable miles available based on fuel onboard,
consumption, wind, speed,basically the efficiency value....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what needs to be changed.