Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

My Traffic X

I'm looking for a good payware traffic software. I have read on other forums that some people use My Traffic x with P3D? Has anyone here tried that traffic program with P3D?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Yep, I got it working and it is flawless... but it does essentially require some manual tweaking of the .cfg file.  Check out the support forums for it, there is a step by step list of how to install.

fly online and you will never turn back, nore will you need any AI.

Yep, I got it working and it is flawless... but it does essentially require some manual tweaking of the .cfg file.  Check out the support forums for it, there is a step by step list of how to install.

Where is that exactly? I've been looking and found very little for Traffic X...

Thanks

JJ

Where is that exactly? I've been looking and found very little for Traffic X...

Thanks

JJ

Sorry, crossed wires, I am thinking Traffic X and not My Traffic...

Jason Jackett

fly online and you will never turn back, nore will you need any AI.

Agree Rene but I didn't know I can do VATSIM with P3D? Aren't they working on a new client or something?

Agree Rene but I didn't know I can do VATSIM with P3D? Aren't they working on a new client or something?

Apparently FSINN works without problems... i installed it with EMT but have not connected and tested it yet.

I also heard of a new client, but not sure if it will be P3D compatible.

Best regards,

I have purchased my traffic X, but I found that I should have just downloaded WOA from this website.  It works great on P3D and FSX, and I have all the major players with thier fleets installed.  Its free!

I have My Traffic X and it is a great all in one for AI.It also works with P3Dv2.2. As was stated above, it does require a little manual tweaking. For some reason though, it is just killing my frame rates. I'm going back to World of AI. It requires a little bit of work to get the packages installed, but it's not that bad.

NAX669.png

Hi, can you expand of what manual tweeking that you have to do when using My Traffic X with P3D 2.2. 

Regards

Lamar Wright

MyTrafficX (I purchased it for FSX and P3D) for P3Dv2.2 is not supported by the developer yet ... and based in his recent posts, it won't be, until P3Dv2.2 is a stable product.

So basically, the tweeking installation is at your own risk.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

nd based in his recent posts, it won't be, until P3Dv2.2 is a stable product.

P3Dv2.2 is a stable product, it is Burkhards PC's that are unstable.

He has tried to get it to run on four PC's now and failed every time, that tells its own story in my opinion.

MyTraffic 5.4b is working fine for me in P3D2.  Followed the recommended install routine and didn't run the communicator.  Also added the SimObjects/Paths line to the P3D.cfg at position #7 (I had problems when I added it in the final position).

Just an impression, but MyTraffic seems to add more AI for a given traffic setting in P3D than it did in FSX.  I had AI set at 20 percent in FSX but have dialed it back to 15 percent in P3D and traffic levels seem similar.  That setting gives me a good balance between activity and performance.

Yeah MyTraffic X works on and off for me with P3D v2.2 with Global/Vector.  Though Vector does change some airport's area.  It works when setup is done manually.  I don't know why sometimes I get P3D crash and not.  I believe 5.4B was more stable than 5.4C (luckily, I still have 5.4B copy somewhere...though Simmarket now only 5.4C avialable).

It will be a while if 2.2 version is ready, Burkhard is having a very hard time to get P3Dv2.2 which makes no sense to me at all.  Why almost all of us are using 2.2 properly, he can't get it work for over 3 months (Definitely a pc issue here).  I hope he doesn't give up on making a 2.2+ version, but he sure is frustrated right now.  See his lastest post on his support forums.

Someone needs to make a good AI program for P3Dv2.2.  WOAI is wonky, it really creates all sorts of mess in the Prepar3d directory with files going all over inside it.  And one has to convert all old WOAI flightplans to FSX.  I have them all, and I found a unique way to install them, but it is a management hell to keep up with the want you to download packages.  It is hit or miss for me at this point.

There really isn't a best option for third party AI right now for P3Dv2.2+

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Pilots who purchased ($$) the MyTrafficX version for P3D from Burkhard expect to be able to use it in all versions of P3D and get the same support as for the FSX version.. IMO.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Pilots who purchased ($$) the MyTrafficX version for P3D from Burkhard expect to be able to use it in all versions of P3D and get the same support as for the FSX version.. IMO.

I would happily pay for 2.2 version as P3Dv2.2 is a completely different sim (internally also) as compared to FSX/P3D1.4

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)