Sign in to follow this  
Tenpin

Alabeo Robinson R66

I recenlty purchased the R66 from Alabeo and have a couple of questions.

I notice the Start button in on the end of the collector, not on the Fuel valve where I see the R66 being started from on the RW helicopter.

I am also seeing a nose down attitude of about 18 deg when in level flight, is that normal?

The igniter key always on.

The collective is not moving.

Other than that I really like this helo. There were some recommendations over at Hovercontrol to tweak the  drag forc and cruise speeds. seemed to help.

My quesiton is wqill there be any updates to this helicopter?

I'm not a RW helicopter or fixed wing pilot so please forgive mhy ignorance here.

I notice the Start button in on the end of the collector, not on the Fuel valve where I see the R66 being started from on the RW helicopter.

I'm fairly sure the starter switch is on the end of the collective on the real R66. Many helicopters have starter switches/buttons on their collectives.

Brandon Filer

Thanks Brandon. I seen the startup procedure from a youtube video of a RW flight. Suppose it could be placed anywhere.

Thanks for the resopnse. Just happened to still be here updating my signature picture B)

I cannot get the R66 to start. I have followed the Alabeo procedures (straight from the real R66 POH), and nothing happens. When I start FSX the rotors are turning slowly as if they were stopping after a flight, and then come to a stop. The sound of the engine is always on. The N1 & N2 stay at 80%, and the MGT as well stays constant at 70C. There is 30% torque indicated. When the fuel cutoff is pulled the torque value drops to zero. The engine is constantly on no matter if the fuel valve is closed and the fuel cutoff is pulled. So, herein lies the problem. When starting from what is thought to be a cold start, the starter button is pushed (motor), and the torque value again will rise to 30%. That is it. N1 and N2 have never dropped, and MGT is still the same. So I have a really nice static display that I would like to get in the air. The lack of a manual from Alabeo with step-by-step would be nice instead of a reprint of the pages from the R66 POH. I have FSX with SP1 and SP2, not Acceleration. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, as well as re-downloading from Alabeo and reinstalling.

I cannot get the R66 to start. I have followed the Alabeo procedures (straight from the real R66 POH), and nothing happens. When I start FSX the rotors are turning slowly as if they were stopping after a flight, and then come to a stop. The sound of the engine is always on. The N1 & N2 stay at 80%, and the MGT as well stays constant at 70C. There is 30% torque indicated. When the fuel cutoff is pulled the torque value drops to zero. The engine is constantly on no matter if the fuel valve is closed and the fuel cutoff is pulled. So, herein lies the problem. When starting from what is thought to be a cold start, the starter button is pushed (motor), and the torque value again will rise to 30%. That is it. N1 and N2 have never dropped, and MGT is still the same. So I have a really nice static display that I would like to get in the air. The lack of a manual from Alabeo with step-by-step would be nice instead of a reprint of the pages from the R66 POH. I have FSX with SP1 and SP2, not Acceleration. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, as well as re-downloading from Alabeo and reinstalling.

I have exactly the same issue, exactly. I see you posted the issue a few weeks ago with no reply! Have you sorted it. I also have found that I can't start the heli using the FSX auto function ctl+E or in fact even if I start a flight with the default Robinson. Anyone please...?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Have you tried going to default Cessna 172, doing Ctrl E and then switching back to R66?

Have you tried going to default Cessna 172, doing Ctrl E and then switching back to R66?

Hi Dave, sure, tried that with the deafult heli. All the usual options don't seem to work, even after a reinstall.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Anyone?

Howard

Still waiting...

Howard

Long time to response!

Howard

I'v Got it And I'm not too impressed. I really like the 66 in real life Besides the fact that its way under built. I even got to be up close to the first one in Canada [C-FEBX].

Im not impressed because of the fallowing.... Its start up is kind of Unrealistic, Its performance is not close

And the Handling is way off. As a Robinson pilot I can tell you they are no where near that stable.  :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, it's money down the drain, as I can't get any resemblance of flight! I did send a support request directly to Alabeo but they haven't replied, that was weeks ago!   :angry: They certainly won't be having any more of my money.

Howard

As far as I'm concerned, it's money down the drain, as I can't get any resemblance of flight! I did send a support request directly to Alabeo but they haven't replied, that was weeks ago!   :angry: They certainly won't be having any more of my money.

Ya In my experience there just as bad as milviz. As far as Customer support goes the flight1 group sucks

I ask'd milviz a question regarding a problem with the 407...... that was 3 months ago  :unsure:. And Alabeo's support

is almost on par with robinson heli in real life. [###### Support]

I just went to google, ended up at SOH combat forum..Lots of guys writing about startup problems with FSX acceleration. BUT the guy WITHOUT ACCELERATION, his works...this is how he said. He noticed that the Alabeo Staggerwing had the same problem until its update. SO if he starts any flight WITH another ALABEO aircraft first it works. My guess is the collective will probably NOT move but work, I base this on my experience with the MILVIZ 407. I called up pc aviator a couple times and they agreed since the MILVIZ BELL 407 says NOTHING about Acceleration needed on there sales page they would refund me, but never needed.  I read the manual and it does say " MUST HAVE ACCELERATION". Most all forums say it HAS TO HAVE acceleration. SO I bought it ...WOW!!!!  the configurator does not work correctly at all. I have rxpGNS430 and 530 but know how to by pass it through experience. Only the main door opens but EVERYTHING ELSE works.....

NOW..i was just reading to see if my luck would work on the R66 which I have had my eye on for so long. Since this guy wrote into the forum that all he has is FSX SP! and SP2 and this was his work around....HOPE THIS HELPS   Keith

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84720-Alabeo-R-66   never tried that before...well this is the link were he wrote on the subject and his remedy. Hope this helps, Keith

Thanks matey, I'll check it out.

Howard