Sign in to follow this  
flybius

Ftx Na New England Maritimes

Has anyone heard anymore about the development/release of this scenery title? I remember reading about it on an ORBX release roadmap for 2013, but I have not seen any further mention. 

It is in the Northeast Region (New England) 

I believe the scenery was to include the costal states of CT, MA, NH, ME and some of New Brunswick & PEI

Then that West Coast region is probably FTX Southern California. I'd expect FTX New England Maritimes in 2016.

Hopefully, there will be some new scenery breakthroughs by then. Or at least MSE finally adds night scenery to their v2 titles : )

I think New England Maritimes, if that product ever actually gets developed, is a loooong way off, like 2 to 3 years at least.  Moreover, that ORBX roadmap is, as usual, unrealistic.  It is usually better to aim higher than what you actually expect to achieve, however, so I don't blame them for being so optimistic.

I'll just be happy when openLC Europe, openLC North America, and Vector 1.2 are finally released.

As critical as I've been about ORBX's timelines and "roadmaps", I must say that I'm excited about the upcoming openLC scenery.  I've been waiting a very long time for better textures and accurate landclass scenery, and based on the screenshots I've seen so far, plus the quality of ORBX's existing works, ORBX is going to be providing we flightsim enthusiasts with some mighty fine products.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I realize this is an old thread but I am in for this too if it comes about. I live in NB Canada and always looking for scenery for my home province.

Moe

It's nowhere close, if it ever comes. 

Orbx has basically abandoned the roadmap and will now only announce a product when it enters beta. 

With OpenLC NA being so delayed, I can't imagine the NE region coming any time soon.

Clearly, there is some force dragging on the development and release of the ORBX products. Any speculation?

Clearly, there is some force dragging on the development and release of the ORBX products. Any speculation?

My best guess is that the problems they are having with OpenLC NA has pushed everything back. It was supposed to be out a while ago and as of now it hasn't even entered beta.