Sign in to follow this  
Tlanc1969

Help Needed

Hi guys , I am a global express pilot and I am looking for a sim to install on my computer that is realistic as possible to allow me to practice cockpit procedures , any advice or tips much appreciated .

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Microsoft Flight Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have been looking but I am new to the sim world and it seems that there are so many posts that are just rubbish it's hard to find out cold hard facts if a GLX sim product does exist at all , hence my post here for help .

No GLX that I know of for any, the avionics would be hard to code and model.

There is a Challenger for XP10 but that won't help

Hi.

A quick search for pictures of said plane (I'd never heard of it) returned also these links. There seems to be a BD-700 for X-Plane and one for FSX:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=14868
http://simplane.wordpress.com/category/x-plane/bd-700-global-express/

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2351/fsx-bombardier-bd-700-global-express/
http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3441/fsx-bombardier-global-express-xrs/
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/264621-global-express-xrs-fsx-released/

I use FS2004 and have no idea how faithful these planes would be to the real thing, nor how accurate the sim itself would be. Keep asking - someone will be able to give a good run-down of advantages & disadvantages for both planes and for both sims.

Best regards,

Dave

I don't use them but can safely say that they probably won't help him

I fly a Bombardier Global Express (GLX) or BD-700 in the FAA world

While it is not a full-fledged commercial release, this freeware model available here is a fair representation of a Global Express XLS version:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=143852

File Description:

Bombardier Global Express XRS - FSX Native Model. The Global Express is a growth from the Challanger 601 series. The Global Express cruises at an airspeed of 488 kts and has a maximum altitude of 51,000 ft.. The aircraft is powered by 2 BMW\/Rolls Royce BR700-710A2-20 Turbofan engines, rated at 14,750 pounds takeoff thrust. The cockpit features the Primus 2000 system. This package contains both 4:3 and Wide-Screen 2d panels, as well as a fully interactive Virtual Cockpit. The gauge system was designed to use the freeware FMS by Garett Smith (honeywellfmc.zip) available exclusively at AVSIM. By Fr. Bill Leaming & Richard Schwertfeger, October 2009.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks , so what program does this run on ?

FSX of course, as well as Prepar3D...

Fr. Bill    

Coming across this thread, I think it's kinda sad that business jets are so undermined in the flightsim community...

And the coolest of the sky are the guys cruising at FL480 and M0.90 above all comercial traffic and in uncontrolled airspace.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Coming across this thread, I think it's kinda sad that business jets are so undermined in the flightsim community...

And the coolest of the sky are the guys cruising at FL480 and M0.90 above all comercial traffic and in uncontrolled airspace.

Think part of it, as I understood it, is Gulfstream threatening lawsuits for anybody who tried to model their planes, although I don't know if that was payware only or if that was in general. Things I have read are conflicting, so that part's a little unclear to me.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Kevin, I personally received a Cease and Desist letter from their legal department after posting some WIP shots of a G500 freeware I'd been working on for FS2004 oh so many years ago... :mad:

Fr. Bill