Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Star Egkk

Ok i have just updated my airac with pfpx and 737 ngx i've selected a sid and star in the fmc from pfpx but my concern is i can't find EGKK rwy 26L star called LUMB1D on this site - http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com or anywhere and NATS UK update there charts. They have all the other app like willo etc from the north but can't find LUMB1D am i missing something?

Vernon Howells

I just had a look for you, and I can clearly see the LUMBA 1D arrival in the Lido Charts. (current real world cycle)

I just had a look for you, and I can clearly see the LUMBA 1D arrival in the Lido Charts. (current real world cycle)

You use LIDO? They are good, aren't they? Wish I had access to better coverage though. Got most major European airports... but not the interesting ones. Innsbruck for example. 

Oh well, I suppose I should try for Austrian :)

Anyway yes, they are there. NATS made a bit of a mistake of having them there with TIMBA stars but not marking it on the header.

You use LIDO? They are good, aren't they? Wish I had access to better coverage though. Got most major European airports... but not the interesting ones. Innsbruck for example. 

We do indeed use Lido, and I love the charts. It takes a bit of getting used to when you're coming from Jeppesen charts, but I personally feel Lido is much clearer.

I do have quite a lot EU airports too, some African and US airports as well, so I do have a nice route package ;-)

kriva have you got a link to lido charts?

thanks guys i see it now its also asking for a TRANS? does that mean it will link my star to the FAF

Vernon Howells

TRANS will tell the aircraft how to connect the final approach to the end of the star. i.e. where does the star end and how to get to where the ILS begins. You'd select LUMBA since that is where your STAR ends.

Sometimes there is only one route to final approach, in such cases you may not be asked for a transition.

I'm afraid I can't provide you with a link, sorry. :)

The licenses for these kind of charts are very expensive.

kriva have you got a link to lido charts?

thanks guys i see it now its also asking for a TRANS? does that mean it will link my star to the FAF

TRANS will tell the aircraft how to connect the final approach to the end of the star. i.e. where does the star end and how to get to where the ILS begins. You'd select LUMBA since that is where your STAR ends.

Sometimes there is only one route to final approach, in such cases you may not be asked for a transition.

Just as a quick clarification for Driver170: a transition may link the final waypoint of a STAR to the beginning of the Initial Approach Procedure, such as an ILS procedure, but a transition may also connect the final waypoint of an airway to the first point of a STAR, it all depends on how the procedures are organized in a terminal area. 

Enrico

Hi enrico68 thanks for that :D updated my PFPX and FMC all working great together used your bias % aswell !! One question perf init page RES column do i just put the reserve fuel from lets say my alt dest was EGLL and i was landing at EGKK PFPX calculated 1000 kg so i'll just put in 1.0 is this the only amount you put in?

Vernon Howells

Just for info, Your STAR would normally be TIMBA as LUMBA is only used when MAY VOR/DME is out of use.

Rob.

Rob Jones.

Hi enrico68 thanks for that :D updated my PFPX and FMC all working great together used your bias % aswell !! One question perf init page RES column do i just put the reserve fuel from lets say my alt dest was EGLL and i was landing at EGKK PFPX calculated 1000 kg so i'll just put in 1.0 is this the only amount you put in?

Hi Dave, glad to hear that! For the reserve fuel, it depends on the active policy where you're flying. Let me explain it: if you fly according to EASA fuel requirements, ( EASA is the unified space over Europe, it spreads well beyond the EU countries, mind you) the general policy for jet engine aircraft requires a reserve sufficient to fly a 30 minute holding, at 15000 ft AGL over the alternate. For turboprop, that requirement is 45 minutes. In the tutorial of the PMDG, tutorial n.2, they give an average number of consumption for a holding like the one above, which I do not remember, but anyway that is how it is calculated. On average, it is around 2,400 lbs for those 30 minutes, give or take, that is how you get that reserve number, nothing to do with the fuel for alternate. PFPX will calculate that number for you, based on density altitude and weather over the alternate, I have done quite a few flight with the NGX, and I usually see a number very close to that 2,400 lbs number, after all, the airplane is the same, no matter how long the route is, on top of that, you can add any extra fuel you decide, for example bad weather over the alternate, or traffic in that area. In this case you do your math, and might end up adding 1000 extra fuel to the reserve, but that is considered in the total release number. Consider that, at the end, you want to make sure you land at the alternate airport with at least the reserve fuel in the tank, just sufficient for a possible holding. Hope it helps.

Enrico 

Enrico