Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Navigraph Airacs Confusion.

I am a bit confused relative to the updates for Airacs. It seems that different data is downloaded for different users (i.e. FSC, ISG, PMDG,LEVED, PSS). I would have thought that it would be the same. The following is an example:

Airac 1404 (April, 2014, the latest) I checked the data for each of the following, and both display this updated Airac. number.

FSC (FlightSimCommander) has CADIT8 (SID from KATL). Waypoints within the SID are RONI, BEDRK, REBEKA, CADIT, and RESPE. which exactly match Delta Flight 2270 today, April 24, 2014

ISG (Intergrated Simavoinics Group) has the older CADIT5 SID which only has two integral waypoints, CADIT, and RESPE. The other waypoints are not listed at all in the ISG database.

FSC has LVT/MAUDD2 as a STAR into KSDF which is exactly the same as the real world flight mentioned above.

ISG does not list this STAR at all.

This sure makes it more difficult, or impossible in programming an FMC or GPS to match the latest data.

Am I not doing something right here, or is this the nature of the beast?

Respectfully:

RTH

They sometimes issue revision updates to each cycle as reports come in from users.

Have you posted this over at Navigraph ?

You also have an answer to your question regarding VAC over at the PFE forum.

I suspect that you did not successfully update the ISG data. I'm looking at the ISG 1404 data files and see CADIT8 and LVT.MAUDD2... I recommend that you clear cache and re-download and re-install the ISG 1404 data.

DJ

Thanks for the replies Maddog and D.J.

I really did not know exactly whose forum to address being that several areas were involved. I did not know whether my mistake was relative to Navigraph or in my method for downloading to the users.

First of all, I did download a new isg airac, and unzip it into my isg Navdata folder. Same thing, I have old data when I try to apply it to a flightplan.

Forgive this long winded procedure, but I don't know another way to clearly list my dingy solution. I feel sure I am doing this the hard way and not following exactly the proper procedure.

After I update, I have the following files in my isg Navdata folder:

apps.txt

apt.additional_info.txt

apts.txt

atc_bdry.txt

awys.txt

cycle_info.txt

fsb_awy2.txt

infs.txt

isg.apps.txt

isg_apts.txt

isg_ints.txt

isgt.nav.txt

isg_parking.txt

isg_sids.txt

isg_stars.txt

navs.txt

sids.txt

stars.txt

First of all, I saved a backup!

In order to find out exactly what files were being updated, I renamed my Navdata folder Navdata xxx. I then unzipped the isg airac a second time. It originated a new Navdata folder which contained only the following files:

apps.txt

apts.txt

awys.txt

cycle_info.txt

ints.txt

navs.txt

sids.txt

As a monkey trying to find a banana, I tried the following, I deleted each of the "isg_" prefixed files from my active Navdata folder (after editing it back to "Navdata" and removing my "xxx".). I then added the prefix "isg_" in front of each one of the new updates listed above. I cranked up FSX and my data was updated correctly.

Obviously, my installation method leaves something to be desired, but I don't know the reason. The new updates do not include the "isg_" prefix which is required. Anyway, If anyone sees what I am doing wrong here your input would be appreciated.

Respectfully:

RTH

stars.txt

I have no idea where the first list of files comes from - your isg\navdata folder should contain only the files in the second list. If you just run the installer and point it at an FSX install it should give that list to you.

DJ

Good Morning DJ: I have even less of an idea where the first list of files comes from than you do. My assumption is that they were installed with the original installation.

To be sure we are on the same page, please note the following: When you say "your isg\navdata folder should contain only the files in the second list." Do you mean the following?

apps.txt

apts.txt

awys.txt

cycle_info.txt

ints.txt

navs.txt

sids.txt

This was what was installed when I renamed my "navdata" folder and let the update create a new one. However, when I tried to originate a new flightplan with only these files, even my airports were not recognized as being in the database. Should updates read as listed above, or should they have included the "isg_" prefix" (i.e. isg_apps.txt, isg_apts.txt, etc.)? When I edited them to include this prefix. I had updated data when I originated a new flightplan and everything seemed to be operating normally. ISG seems to be my only user that has this problem. FSC, PMDG, PSS, and the LDS767 all update with no editing.

Thanks for the effort:

RTH

Note: I sure do wish Navigraph also included updates for the RXP GPS. The latest I have found on the RXP site is almost three years old. I made the mistake of googling for RXP Airac updates and managed to get sites that love to add all kinds of fix all problems software that takes over one's computer.

Now, after saying all of this, it all becomes somewhat academic as my original complaint still stands. With my updated data I just compiled the same flightplan I originally mentioned. (KATL CADIT8 RESPE MAUDDw LVT KSDF). The waypoints (legs) for CADIT8 are RONI BEDRK RBEKA CADIT and RESPE. For MAUDD2 the waypoints are LVT CARBY MAUDD TUKKR IIU DLAMP KAEDN and STYKR. These match exactly the real world flightplan I originally mentioned. Unfortunately the update only got me half way there as a solution. The Star is correct on both FSC and ISG. The Sid is still correct as it was originally in FSC. However, just like Cadit5, Cadit8 in the ISG FMC takes a shortcut directly from KATL to RESPE bypassing the intermediate waypoints and this is the flightpath the aircraft flys. One would think they would indicate the exact same route.

You are missing the stars.txt file - that may impact the gauge. The installer did not put the 'isg_' extension on my files and as far as I know, it is not required. However, if adding it works for your particular gauge then do so. I'm not sure what is going on with your route - when I use FSBuild to expand the route I get all of the waypoints for both the SID and the STAR. The files for the ISG gauge and FSBuild are identical which is no shock since Ernie Alston wrote both of them. You might post your issues on the ISG support forum here: http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/index.php?c=2.

Regarding RXP; the Garmin format is proprietary and apparently getting the format and license to use it costs and arm and a leg. It is doubtful that you will ever see it from our AIRAC providers.

DJ

Thanks again for the help DJ.

I just failed to include the star_txt (edited to isg_stars.txt). It was included in the update but I omitted it in my reply.

The fact that "Ernie Alston wrote both of them" is part of my original confusion on this issue. I would think all of the current updates would be exactly the same, and the exact same waypoints would show up with all user updates. That seems to be true with everybody except the ISG flightplans.

I will get back to this later as I am presently working on another problem now relative to a crash to desktop. I am trying to find how to adapt the old 3gbenabler/boot.ini/LARGEADDRESSAWARE patch routine for FSX in Win7 64bit as it seemed to work great with the XP OS. There are so many threads relative to this issue that it is a bit overwhelming. I would hate to add another post relative to a dead horse. It looks like the "4gb_patch.zip" may have worked but I am still testing it. Twelve hour flights (KJFJ-LLBG and LLBG-KJFK) went flawlessly, but I still got a crash with KSAT-KIND. However I was paused for a prolonged period of time which may have caused the problem. I will give it another chance. If this problem seems to be solved I will follow your recommendation and see if anyone on the ISG forum knows what is going on with the Navigraph updates for ISG. Same thing with the Navigrah forum.

To be continued:

RTH

I am trying to find how to adapt the old 3gbenabler/boot.ini/LARGEADDRESSAWARE patch routine for FSX in Win7 64bit as it seemed to work great with the XP OS.

The LARGEADDRESSAWARE patch is not needed with FSX SP2/Accel/Gold as it is already marked as LAA

Mad dog is absolutely correct - FSX SP2 and/or Acceleration is already LARGEADDRESSAWARE and the 3GB switch is not needed in Win7 x64. You can still get crashes for 'Out of memory' issues of course but you will get that specific message first. If you are not running SP2 or Acceleration I highly recommend doing so - many add-ons require one or the other. CTDs are generally caused by other issues.

DJ

I realize we are talking about something that has little to nothing to do with the origin of this thread and I am guilty of bringing up the subject. However, for what it is worth the following is what I am finding so far.

I do have FSX-SP2 installed and always have. In fact, I have all of the Windows updates installed. I really don't know what "gold" signifies. I have assumed that this was a later version of FSX than I have which probably included SP2. I imagined it was the final release.

Until this latest reformat and reinstallation of everything, FSX ran flawlessly for years on this system. If memory serve me correctly, I did have the crash to desktop issue originally, but I can not remember what my solution was back then.

The first thing I did was to backup my fsx.cfg file before tampering with it. Being that the futile modifications relative to LARGEADDRESSAWARE did nothing, I switched back to the original thanks to my backup.

My last attempts are relative to the UIAutomaticCore.dll.

First of all, several folks posted that by installing the Vista version of this dll in the root FSX directory cured the problem for them. They warned not to remove it from the System32 and SysWOW64 directories. This did nothing for me, so I removed the one I had downloaded and installed from my FSX directory (wasn't in there anyway of any version to start with).

Then low and behold I found another post that said some folks took exactly the opposite approach and got rid of the problem by deleting this dll from the system folders. I was a little paranoid to be that brave, so I renamed each of them UIAutomationCore.dll.xxx. So far, I am having no problem, although I think schools still out and a trial period is at least advisable. I am in over my head here, but so far this latest attempt seems to be working. In time I will either confirm or correct that it is or is not still working.

My fear is that editing these files may be a problem elsewhere with some other program regardless of whether it helps FSX or not, but we shall see what we shall see.

To be Continued:

RTH

Original Problem:

The missing waypoints seem to be isolated to SIDs in the ISG FMC (in spite of including the latest download from Navigraph). So far, Stars look fine. I will pursue this on the isg forum later. Possibly Navigraph as well if there is a forum there. This is a bit of a puzzle but not a game killer by any means.

My more pressing problem is related to crashes to desktop while flying in FSX. Each attempt for a solution gathered from posts by others who have had this problem and claim a solution seem to work for me immediately after the recommended edit or modification. However, a few flights later, crashes to desktop resume and appear to steadily become more frequent.

I dread hashing through the "Crashing to Destop" forum as there are presently over 1,500 posts relative to this problem along with almost 10,000 replies. Hopefully that source will have a successful solution though.

Thanks folks for your help.

RTH

Just shots in the dark....

Do you have both SP2 and Acceleration installed? Acceleration includes SP2 already but it is slightly different, conflict maybe?

Do you CTDs happen at the same area of scenery or are they random? Might be a scenery issue if always in the same location

Jay

Thanks for the reply PIC007.

No, I do not have Acceleration installed. I did install both SP1 and SP2.

I am turning sliders down for a try, although this was never an issue before reinstallation of everything.

I have had the crash at different stages of the same flight on multiple tries. I also just had one in a totally different flight so I somewhat doubt that scenery is the problem. I have no scenery that I didn't have before reinstallation and this was no problem before I reinstalled. However, I will disable all addon  scenery in a future try to see what happens

Happy flying:

RTH

Hope you find the problem, like I said those suggestions were just a guess

Jay