Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Navigraph Chart Cloud

Is anyone using Navigraph's Chart Cloud? It's pretty pricey but it does allow you to use it on a tablet. I know the US charts are free but that's not not true everywhere and there was some talk that it's going to change for the US also. Just wondering what experience some of you might have.

NAX669.png

I use it. Very nice! only, some charts are not that up to date. Some smaller airports can be as early as 2012, but it won't really differ that much from your FMS database. (Most of the time anyway). 

As for major airports, no sweat.

BTW with a N. Cloud subscription, you can also use the desktop version as well. It's a great deal, lasts 1 year. I prefer using desktop though since I have multiple monitors, and the chart quality is beautiful.

But beware, make sure your tablet is not an old model, you'll get occasional crashes. (i.e an I pad 1 or 2) 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Thanks for the response. I have an ipad 1 but I also have a laptop that I use .

NAX669.png

Works great for me on desktop and tablet, and invaluable for online flying!

I'm thinking of getting it too!! Do you get the video tutorials with it aswell?

Vernon Howells

Thinking about getting this as well...any more reviews out there? Not too excited seeing that some airports are old.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I've been really tempted to get it, but I'll put it off for a while, gotta save money right now. Since I do the majority of my flying in the US, I don't need it that badly, and when google won't give me a recent enough chart for a non-US airport, I still use the Navigraph Charts software to purchase charts for individual airports.

It looks really nifty though. I'd love to have worldwide charts in the same format, and pretty much all current. It's sort of annoying to find charts in different languages, some that use meters/kilometers instead of NM/feet, some from many years ago, etc. I remember how excited I was for Navigraph to come out with an iPad/tablet app...and then when Cloud came out I basically just went "meh".  :P

Guest JetFueler

I really like it.  I was reluctant to get it for quite some time but now I am glad that I did.  With a quarterly Airac subscription you can just update your navdata when the charts updated and know that your FMS data will always be in sync with your charts.  The fact that they aren't sitting around taking up space on your devices is nice too.  Yes, you can get free charts for some areas but you have to download them all ahead of time where chart cloud just streams them to you as you need them so all charts are always on hand- something you can't have with the free ones unless you download all of them.  If you fly IFR in the covered areas often, I'd recommend it.  I came to the realization that it was silly that I'd spend 60USD on the MJC Q400, who knows what on scenery, Active Sky and so on but I was short cutting maps and charts which are just as important to the sim flying experience.