Sign in to follow this  
merdan

Ils Locked At Park

The ILS freq locked at PARK position and i couldn't enter a new frequency. Who will help me about this.???

Merdan Egilli

Which aircraft? What kind of radio? what sim? FSX? FS9? P3D? Is it an addon aircraft or a default one? Need more data input please :D

Pat☺

Since we're in the PMDG 777 subforum... ;-)

The ILS freq locked at PARK position and i couldn't enter a new frequency. Who will help me about this.???

Hi, Merdan,

What happens if you hit the delete key on the CDU and then click next to the frequency in Park?  Also, what phase of flight are you in?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

PMDG 777, FSX,  at cruise phase of flight.  When i click delete  then park, the message is "invalid entry"

at cruise phase of flight. When i click delete then park, the message is "invalid entry"

Hi, Merdan,

I got a chance to load up a flight in cruise and experiment.  It is set for an approach to CYUL with runway 24L selected. "110.5/238 PARK" is showing on the ILS section of the NAV/RAD page of the CDU.

If I try to manually enter a frequency alone I get an error message.  If I try to enter a frequency that is beyond the range of ILS frequencies, such as 121.9, I get an error message.  But if I enter a possibly valid ILS frequency and course, such as 111.5/207 it is accepted.  This is true even though 111.5/207 is not correct for the runway chosen in the Approach window.  Instead of "PARK," an "M" appears next to the frequency showing that it was manually entered.  To go back to the autotuned frequency I use the delete key to delete the manually entered frequency/course.

So:  When you try to enter a frequency manually, be sure that you also include a course, and also that the frequency is within the range of possible ILS frequencies.  Please report back whether that fixes the problem.

Hope this helps!

Mike

BTW the delete key on an autotuned frequency does give an error message as you found!  You need to enter a new, correctly formatted frequency to replace the autotuned one.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thank you Mike I'll try it now , I new that i forgot something(The Course) ....

with my best

Merdan

The course has to be in a 3 digit format as well, so

110.3/88

is not valid, the correct format would be

110.3/088

Good point!  As I recall, that threw me when I first started using serious CDU simulations!

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2