Sign in to follow this  
mscfsb

Delivery Of New Dash 8

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how the new Dash 8s are delivered to lets say flybee in the UK. If i'm correct the Dash 8s have their final tests and finishings done at Downsview in Toronto Canada. Are the Aircraft shipped to the UK and then assembled here, or are they flown over ? If this is so, can anyone let me know which route they fly?

If i'm correct the Dash 8s have their final tests and finishings done at Downsview in Toronto Canada.

That is for sure correct. I was at a talk given by one of their test pilots a few weeks ago and she mentioned that.

She also mentioned that they do test flights at nearly all of the airports around the world that the Dash 8's Fly in and out off for procedures that might be specific to an airfield. Wish I could remember more bit it all escapes me:-)

I'm not sure of the exact route, but subject to weather etc it likely involves a stopover in Labrador, then Greenland and/or Iceland to get over the Atlantic from Downsview.

If you go here:

http://www.greatcirclemapper.net/en/great-circle-mapper/route/CYZD/aircraft/298/range/2522.html

you can move the icon around to see how far the aircraft could make it in a single leg (that's using the 2522km range with normal loading as per wikipedia...for ferry flights I'd guess it can likely go longer due to no pax no baggage on board).  Not exact but should give you an idea.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks regis9 for the link. Never seen this site before but it will come in handy for future planning.

Kind Regards,

Mel