Sign in to follow this  
hskcafe

I got issues with fuel, cabin pressure, and batteries

Hello everyone,

I have so strange problems with my PMDG 777.

am I the only one who suffers from these problems?

1. during cruise or even on ground, center fuel tank quantity drops to zero.

2. at the same time, cabin pressure drops too. and the cabin altitude indicator shows ridiculous figure.

3. MAIN and APU battery voltage drops to minus hundreds or thousands!

all of these things happen at the same time, like an explosion, and EVERY FLIGHT!!!

blog-0873620001398604239.jpg

I have so strange problems with my PMDG 777.

Please sign your full name per these Forum Rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

Thank you.

If you started your flights by loading the Cold & Dark Panel State that is probably the issue. It has problems which will be addressed in SP1. Either create your own Cold and Dark or use Short Turn or Long Turn Panel States.

In addition to not using the supplied cold and dark state, as Michael C. said, if you are starting up repeatedly with the same startup saved state, try starting from a new one.  Sometimes bugs creep into a saved flight.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I had a similar issue and the problem was that my windows clock was wrong, I did a BIOS upgrade in my motherboard and it caused its internal clock to freeze every once in a while, thus causing windows to loose the correct time. When that happened I got the cabin altitude and fuel warnings in the simulation. Check if the time is correct in your system, if its not that may be the cause of the problem. If you correct the time and restart FSX everything should be fine again. If the problems happens again you have to pin point why your clock is going crazy. In my case I had to remove the battery from my motherboard  to clear the CMOS and my problem was solved.

Best regards

Rodrigo.

ahhh.. Im using an ROG board that does have issues in regards to time freezes, is this why im having uncontrollable AP and to resolve it (more of a quick fix), simply pause and unpause the sim and the AP does its job again? CMOS batt... sheezzz

ahhh.. Im using an ROG board that does have issues in regards to time freezes, is this why im having uncontrollable AP and to resolve it (more of a quick fix), simply pause and unpause the sim and the AP does its job again? CMOS batt... sheezzz

Yeah, my ASUS ROG edition loves to throw random issues.  For a while, it was my wireless card.  A few months later, it was interfering with FlexNET somehow.  The battery won't charge at all (happened about a year in, and just out of warranty - never mind the fact that I have other laptops with batteries twice as old that still hold charges all day, and will at least still charge).

Needless to say: not doing that again...

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah, my ASUS ROG edition loves to throw random issues.  For a while, it was my wireless card.  A few months later, it was interfering with FlexNET somehow.  The battery won't charge at all (happened about a year in, and just out of warranty - never mind the fact that I have other laptops with batteries twice as old that still hold charges all day, and will at least still charge).

Needless to say: not doing that again...

I knew I should've gotten the pro.. but the colors.. made me like a bug loves fluorescent light , so if FSX does that towards windows time.. in the mean time, will it still occur if I un tick "use system time for Free Flight"?

PS: Subscriber to your channel, been watching them since you made the T7 freighter tips.. lol

Yeah, its the windows system times that not only effects the cabin pressure, batt and so on, but also the AP capabilities to follow the route...

PS: Subscriber to your channel, been watching them since you made the T7 freighter tips.. lol

Which is from the infamously-rambling beginnings.  Nice!  Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah, my ASUS ROG edition loves to throw random issues.  For a while, it was my wireless card..

Same here.....system would not boot...no beep, no nothing.

Removed the wireless card (it caused a short cirquit) and things have been stable since.....knock on wood.

Never ROG again.......maybe even never ASUS again......ROG, exspensive and the number of threads out there with people having problems with it......just insane

Rob Robson

Never ROG again.......maybe even never ASUS again......ROG, exspensive and the number of threads out there with people having problems with it......just insane

Yeah.  The next one I'm just building myself.  Heck, I'll probably just rip the ROG apart for initial components and build something over time.

Kyle Rodgers

In my case the internal clock was freezing. You can check this by loading the BIOS and looking at the time, if the seconds are not running the clock is stuck (windows clock will work for a while and get crazy). When you computer is powered on or connected to power it wont use the mobo battery. Try removing your pc power cord and the motherboard battery, if it is a laptop also remove the battery and wait a few minutes just to make sure no capacitors are charged. Be aware you will loose all the BIOS settings. If your motherboard has a clear CMOS jumper or switch you can leave the wall power on remove the motherboard battery and clear the CMOS. I believe that even if you don't use system time for the flights you will run into problems.

Definitely check the BIOS/UEFI clock thing - a lot of the newer ASUS boards have issues with this, it's something we've seen at support occasionally. A bunch of the systems in the airplane rely on the BIOS/UEFI precision events timer and they get totally screwed up if the PET freezes or otherwise stops working.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com