Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

Best Bush flying planes?

Guest slydon

I like the piper super pacer. If you like taildragers it's a good one I think.OOPs I mean tri pacer

Guest bobsk8

>Wow, lots of replies, thanks a lot everyone! Awesome paint>on that last post also.>>Thanks again all>JeffWell, here I was happy with my PMDG 737 and Flight 1 ATR, and flying stock scenery plus the Norway Scenery add-on. I started reading this thread the other day, and the next thing you know I am flying the default C-182 around Alaska . I decided that Alaska is really a great place to fly, and probably would be really great with some new scenery. Anyway, last night I came home from work and downloaded Misty Fjords. Well, after flying the C-182 around Misty Fjords, I decided that I needed a plane that fit the enviornment better, ( maybe something that I could floats on , on occasion, so this morning I am back on the computer downloading the Aerosoft Beaver...........Oh well, it's only money :)

i dont have misty fjords yet, but i hear thats its awesome, if you want to do some othere great bush flying, buy all of the geordender airports in washington state and "service" those, that will leave you amazed at the qualityciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Pilatus made a follow on to the PC6, the PC12. Great combination of speed, load carrying, IFR and STOL performance. Powerfull thrust reverse equipped nose dragger. Pressurised cabin, has a flat rated turbine good for high altitude ops and prop RPM sets automatically, throttle quadrant management is easier than a Cessna 172! Condition lever has three settings; cutoff, taxi and FLY. Can cruise 250 kts plus at 25,000 feet 1500 NM range and does approaches at about 70 kts in a pinch. If I hit lottery it would become my personal plane in RL.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest bobsk8

>The Beaver has the looks and feel of a real Bush aircraft>IMHO and I love the Aerosoft version, mostly because of it's>flying characteristics. The VC is not impressive, but I've>removed some "unnecessary" windows from the vc to get smoother>gauges, and swapped the modern instrument with some new ones>from Flight1 172, so it's ok.>>The fun with it is the STOL capacaties, in replay it looks>more like a helicopter ;)>>With skis, floats, amphibian and even tundra wheels there's no>place you can't land it.>>Hey

I dunno, the visual model of the Aerosoft Beaver looks great to me. I can't comment on the realism of the flight model since I have no real world eqperience in the Beaver, but I will say from the perspective of flyability, it handles great. Growing up on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska near Kenai (12 miles from it), I used to watch these things fly over head in masses. Hehe.I like the Aerosoft Beaver, Maule M-7-260, Piper Super Pacer, Piper Pacer, the freeware Scout, Junkers JU-52 (probably buchered that ones model number), defualt DC-3 and J-3 cub, and Bill Lyons' Waco.----------------------------------------------------------------John S. MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private 130+ hrs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest abent

The aeroCommander series by Milton Schupe and his team...if you like twins. Very nice freeware aircraft.adam

Guest DOK

For ultra-short field operations I like Tim Piglet's Fi-156 Storch (search the internet for fi156_fs.zip and fi156tex.zip)or it's modern day version, the Morane Saulnier 500 and 505 (available here on AVSIM: ).The Storch's appearance is something else and it's great fun to land it crossways on a runway, with some headwind.RegardsOliver