Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

OpusFSI Release

Hi Ken

There will be a discounted upgrade option for OpusFSI if you have purchased OpusFSX.

We currently plan to release OpusFSI in August or September and in the meantime the OpusFSI Beta will be available to all OpusFSX users.

OpusFSI is the first paid upgrade we have produced in order to cover development costs. We envisage future upgrades for the next couple of years will be free of charge.

Cheryl

Thanks for the clarification Cheryl. I'll hold out a little longer then :-) Looking forward to this!

Ken

OpusFSI Beta Version 4.00.10 has been posted.

Added a Help icon to the Camera Management dialog. Please read the Camera Management Help text before using the new management functions.

The 'Restrict Listed Cameras to a Specified Aircraft' option has been temporarily disabled until some corrections to the software have been completed. The 'OK' button in the Camera Management dialog has been renamed to 'End'.

Introduced buffered reading in the GRIB data decoding program.

Regards
Stephen smiley1.gif

OpusFSI Beta Version 4.00.12 has been posted.

Corrected weather map sync and Upper Level data update problems with server + client LWA operation. On client systems the LWA Weather Map can not be displayed until the FSICLIENT has connected and signed on to the FSISERVER. On the FSISERVER system Upper Level Updates are ignored unless the weather has been updated.

Upper Level wind, temperature, and turbulence data can now be displayed on the small footprint weather maps, accessed via the 'Wx Maps' option.

Regards
Stephen smiley20.gif

OpusFSI Beta Version 4.00.19 has been posted.

Corrected problem clearing flight plan route from LWA geo map display after certain flight plan changes.

The generated OpusFlightReport.txt text file now contains upper wind and temperature data, with averages, for all altitudes ranging from 6000ft up to 44,000ft in 2000ft increments.

An alternate OpusFlightReport.rep text file is now generated, this simplified text report is intended to supply weather and upper wind and temperature data for external flight planning packages.

All LatLon fixes used to define either the point of departure or destination within flight plans are now temporarily added to the OpusFSI station list with a pseudo name Xnnn, where 'nnn' ranges from 000 to 999. If the LatLon fix is within 2km of an existing station then that station is assumed to be identified.

Added OpusFSI_Station_Additions_Template.txt and OpusFSI_Station_Corrections_Template.txt text files to enable the user to add or rename the OpusFSI stations.

Regards
Stephen smiley1.gif

Just to make sure: I currently don't have an OpusFSX license and if I buy that now I'll have to buy an upgrade to use the (soon to be released?) FSI?

thanks!

The OpusFSX purchase price has already been reduced and will continue to be reduced slowly so that new OpusFSX will not be penalised to any great extent. The OpusFSI Beta will continue to be made available to all OpusFSX users until just before the actual release of OpusFSI, most likely in August this year. We are doing it this way to try and be as fair as possible to everyone and not penalise new OpusFSX users.

Stephen :-)

Hi

Thought I would bring it to your attention about a compatability issue with FSI and proATCx.

Previously, the OpusWeather.txt file was saved within a folder "Themes". When configuering proATCx and where to locate the the OpusWeather.txt file, proATC is just hard wired to look in a foler "Themes". I have manually added a folder "Themes" within "Weather" (Weather/Themes/OpusWeather.txt file) and yes, proATCx can see this file, but off course FSI does not update the new file, why would it.

I have also posted on the proATC forum about this issue as I beleive the software should be flexible enough to allow the weather file to be located anywhere. However, if you do have some advice on how to over come this, I would really appreciate it.

To overcome the problem, I have used a symbolic link on the weather folder pointing to a themes folder. I know this is not an fsi issue, but thought it coujd help others with the same issue.

To overcome the problem, I have used a symbolic link on the weather folder pointing to a themes folder. I know this is not an fsi issue, but thought it coujd help others with the same issue.

A new OpusFSI beta has been posted with an almost completed Selective Update mode along with many other updates. See our SimForum post for details. The release date for OpusFSI will most likely be in late August, or September. Until just before that time licensed OpusFSX users can install and use the OpusFSI beta. Again see our SimForums topics for details.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/opusfsi-beta-400_topic49255_post307442.html#307442

Stephen :-)

Hi Stephen

Please clear me up.  I was using OPUSFSX (licensed) for some time then I started using the FSI beta which has been working fine until now.  This morning I installed the FSI 4.00.20 beta and when OPUS was displaying VALIDATING LICENSE it changed to DEMONSTRATION MODE and is remaining that way.  Did I miss the release of FSI and I need to upgrade?

OpusFSI Release Version 4.01.0 is now available for download on our website.

Remember when installing the OpusFSI.msi file you must uninstall your current version before installing the new version (do not delete your previous \OpusFSI installation folder or touch your c:\Opus Software folder). After installing please check all the settings in your Configure and Weather dialogues. You can download from http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/downloads.htm

Initial release of OpusFSI.

Modified software to recognise Windowed Views irrespective of the simulator's country specific release.

Added a Cloud Associations option within the Weather Preferences dialog, this option will create 'pseudo' cloud layers that are not often reported in the METARs but are typically associated with certain cloud types and conditions.

Regards
Stephen :smile:

I am confused.  On the download page it says "OpusFSI downloads" but below that it says "OpusFSX", download to purchase etc.  I want to upgrade my OpusFSX to OpusFSI which one do I choose?  Are they one in the same now??