Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

OpusFSI Release

Try pressing F5, or the equivalent, to 'refresh' the web page. On our Downloads page you will find, in top right corner, options for either the full purchase of OpusFSI or the OpusFSX to OpusFSI Upgrade purchase.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/downloads.htm

On the right hand side of the page you will find a section labelled Purchase or Reinstall, below that you will find the following three button options ...

Purchase OpusFSI ... Use this option to download the Purchase EXE file to purchase or reinstall the FULL OpusFSI package and license.

Upgrade OpusFSX To OpusFSI ... Use this option to download the Upgrade Purchase EXE file to purchase or reinstall the OpusFSX To OpusFSI Upgrade package and license.

Purchase OpusFSX ... Use this option to download the Purchase EXE file to purchase the OpusFSX package and license.

Stephen :-)

I purchased the update, installed it, set permissions/sharing and of course got the Opus Folder undefined error, so I proceeded to OPUS, saved the configuration.  Now I am getting a error: "could not find a part of the path. C:\OpusFSI\Weather\themes\OpusWeather.wt".  That folder exists but is empty. 

Why does this have to be so difficult setting OPUS up?

Its not difficult, hence there are not thousands of posts here. I will check that error, could be it is looking in the wrong place for the installed WT file.

Have you configured your OpusFSI Configure dialog correctly?

There is no \Weather\themes folder in the OpusFSI installation path ... that folder exists ONLY in the simulator's installation path, hence the test to see if it can copy the WT or WTB files correctly in order to inject weather into the sim.

Please check that you have browsed and identified your simulator's install folder ... and not browsed and specified your OpusFSI folder instead.

I believe you may have specified the location of our OpusFSI folder and not the FSX or Prepare3D folder as needed. In which case the error message has been very helpful.

Maybe change the nic from jfail to JIcandoanything LOL

ZORAN

Well you must be right.  While I was waiting for your reply I decided to uninstall FSI and do a re-install.  Other than the permissions/sharing message the configuration went ok and I am no longer getting the \Weather\Themes error.  So I must have screwed up when I did the configuration.

Thanks for your help all working ok now.

John

Maybe change the nic from jfail to JIcandoanything LOL

My given name is John Fail, I'm not so sure a cheap shot about my last name is appropriate, I am quite proud of my last name.

sorry John, didn't realize..

ZORAN

Hi Stephen

Every time I start OPUSFSI I see a "Validating License" being displayed for a few seconds.  Is that normal?  I don't seem to remember seeing that in OPUSFSX.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Very observant, yes its quite normal and it is different to OpusFSX. As long as after validating it then goes over to Unlimited Mode you are OK. Any errors of course will be logged in the FSISERVER.log file.

FSI looks good. I have always enjoyed your reliable weather engine. It works flawlessly. Not to mentions the excellent cameras.

It's also very simple to upgrade to new versions. I am in for the upgrade.

Great job!

Does OpusFSI have the same problem starting simultaneously with P3DV2 as OpusFSX does, ie P3DV2 crashes?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

This is NOT an Opus problem but a known P3D problem handling ITS own SimConnections at its end.

So obviously nothing is different (how could it be) as you would have to modify the P3D software to eliminate this Prepar3D problem. Its P3D which fails to handle its own SimConnect links and crashes, its nothing to do obviously with the external program that is attempting to connect using the Microsoft/LM SimConnect library interface.

The SimConnect library and the problem is nothing to do with Opus and you should really be asking LM if this problem has been rectified within the P3D code.

I don't have any problems because all that is needed is to be aware of the problem and load the flight before starting the server program.

Stephen

There are a great number of P3D v2.3 Opus users so perhaps they can advise on the best way to start everything avoiding the known P3D problem, or perhaps in v2.3 there is no longer any such problem with P3D start up.