Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

OpusFSI Release

Hi Stephen

I am in trouble again.

I installed a new motherboard, windows, P3D etc.  I re-installed OpusFSI using Flight1 FSI upgrade download and it re-installed ok.  I keep getting the demo mode from FSI.  Should I have installed my original licensed OpusFSX first and then install FSI?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

For the OpusFSI Upgrade you need both valid and active OpusFSIUpgrade and OpusFSX Licence files in your c:\Opus Software folder. You don't need to have OpusFSX installed but you do need the Licence file.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen

I uninstalled the FSI upgrade, went back and installed OpusFSX then the FSI update and all is fine now.  Thanks for the best weather engine available anywhere.

John

Stephen, I had the same issue as someone before with all versions of P3D crashing if I attempted loading Opus automatically. I worked around this like you by starting the FSIserver exe after loading a flight.

However, as you as a developer know there is an incompatibility with P3D somehow, and you say its their issue, have you contacted LM to make them formally aware of the issue so it can be fixed please? Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I believe LM are aware of this problem. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do as the software has to connect via SimConnect in order to determine anything and the problem lies at the LM end, a problem handling its SimConnect.

I do have a few ideas which I might try though, like allowing a user specified delay or pause and see if that helps. For instance, allow you to specify an 'X' second pause or delay before attempting to connect. That might be enough to allow P3D time to settle down but there is no guarantee it will work.

It needs some trials. If you start P3D up in its start up screen, wait 5 seconds, and then manually start the FSXSERVER, does that work OK on your system?

Stephen :-)

Can you use OpusFSX and Active Sky at the same time?

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Not for weather but you can use the Opus camera feature with any other weather engine. That being said the turbulence produced by the Opus weather engine gives the best results when used in conjunction with our Opus cameras.

Cheryl