Sign in to follow this  
RockOla

Enjoying P3D 2.2

Finally properly set up (thanks to ckukmale), with my new GPU in place. Have to say after simming for about 15 years, I am reaching a state of satisfaction I had never reached before  :rolleyes:

Oh, and the Jennasoft scenery of Lyon LFLL, if not perfect, is great and fits perfectly in the landscape.

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image009.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image015.jpg

image017.jpg

image018.jpg

image019.jpg

image021.jpg

image023.jpg

Lovely shots Rockola. I am so glad you managed to get your problem fixed. Enjoy! :)

Amazing shots...  Please post more.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks for all your kind comments

These screens are 100% unedited, not resized, etc.

can you show your nvidia inspector settings, and your sweetfx settings, those photos are amazing

Unfortunately, being an AMD newcomer, I now use RadeonPro. With my GTX670 I could never get the same AA quality.

I will share my sweetfx and sun effects later.

Ok folks

Here is my SFX preset.

To use it:

- if you do not already have, download SweetFX Configurator by CeeJAy

- download my preset RockOlaSFX.1.0.txt (download link is at the right top)

- extract the configurator and my preset anywhere

- launch SweetFX_config.exe, click 'add new game', select your prepar3d.exe, then on the right 'Save / load configuration', 'Import Preset', select my preset 'RockOlaSFX.1.0.txt' and click 'load selected preset'

- you should be done !

I tried to tone down the slight brownish filter of stock P3D, with giving a more blueish tone (while waiting for a true atmospheric shader)

A bit of Lumasharpen to reinforce details, but nothing too exaggerated.

Please give me your feedback.

Here's a comparison after / before

comp.jpg

These are some amazing captures.. congrats. :)

As for SweetFX, if you want to implement it more correctly (without SMAA), here's how to do it: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77794-correct-sweetfx-for-fsx-dx9dx10-p3d2-aa-nvidia-inspector-aa-in-game-download-included/

I'll check out your blue tone mods and consider creating a secondary preset for what's posted in that thread. My mods are basic and do not include any color adjustments. Solely, a fix to surmount darkening of the scene (caused by disabling SMAA) and some LumaSharpen.

it is not ok to post real life photos as simulator screenshots. :P

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

These are some amazing captures.. congrats. :)

As for SweetFX, if you want to implement it more correctly (without SMAA), here's how to do it: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77794-correct-sweetfx-for-fsx-dx9dx10-p3d2-aa-nvidia-inspector-aa-in-game-download-included/

I'll check out your blue tone mods and consider creating a secondary preset for what's posted in that thread. My mods are basic and do not include any color adjustments. Solely, a fix to surmount darkening of the scene (caused by disabling SMAA) and some LumaSharpen.

Thanks for your informations : I just checked your thread at Orbx forums (and no, I did not use your SFX presets)

Instead of disabling SMAA and counterbalancing the darkening, I left it enabled but with the "MAX SEARCH STEPS" at 0 (which kinda disables it)