Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

[RESOLVED] Posting Images in AVSIM Forums - How To..

Posting an image in the AVSIM forums has become very easy.

Copy the URL of the image you want to add to your message. Then, open up the image icon from the display above your message entry space. That is the

forum.avsim.net_2014-05-09_13-29-54.png

Click on the third one to the right, a box with what appears to be a green globe in it. Simply paste your URL in it and you are good to go. You will need to center the image, if you wish or otherwise it will align to the left automatically.

forum.avsim.net_2014-05-09_13-29-34.png

tn_gallery_100001_175_685740.jpgIf you want to have an option to wrap text to the left or right of your image, use the BBCode selector. That is the third button to the right and the one just next to the FONT selection tool. Click on it, and then IMAGE FLOAT. Type in RIGHT or LEFT and then provide the image URL and you are good to go. You may find that you need to play with it a bit. As an example, this is a photo of a SBP that has been floated to the right.

If you want to embed a video, do the same as above, but instead of IMAGE FLOAT, click on MEDIA.

Tom, I've been trying for 2 years to try and get images and videos linked in.  I still can't get it.  Further more I can't clear out the URL box.  It refuses to OK or CANCEL.  I have to refresh the page just to get back to the beginning. 

Is this an IE issue?  Is everyone else using a different browser and I just missed the post somehow?

I feel like a real noob here after some 30 years of this...LOL.

Sorry to be a pain.

** Of course I just figured it out.  Turned off the code and it worked. **

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I opened a dropbox account and got my images into a public folder I created. The public folder is not shared but I share the imaged individually and use the get link function. Here's one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfzhdj1kihlqhsz/KMSP%20Stock%20Approaches%20ILS%2012L%20segment%20ADE.jpg

I click on the image URL and paste this image. It shows a broken image link. The preview shoes the words posted image but not the image itself.

For now, I'm just pasting the URL into the message. Using the advanced editor does not seem to make a difference.

Can I get the image to be retrieved automatically (like an attachment) or is that reerved for AVSIM galleries.

Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for clarifying.

There is something wrong with the way you are allowing connections to this image. I can't get it to work either.

I use imgur.com  The simple image sharer. It is a free download and works great.

Steve

I use the free web hosting from OZx Image Hosting - http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/ .

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Tom, I have tried following your directions, but always get an error message to the effect of, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." 

I used Jim's suggestion for hosting, copied the url as you suggested above, but still come up with a message that it is an unacceptable file.  The upload was a standard jpeg file.

What did I miss in your instructions?

Thanks,

Wilson

Tom:

Never mind.  I just had to find the correct url from the website.  Got it posted.  

It was easy, once I figured out which to use.  Thanks for your instructions.

Wilson 

Tom, I have tried following your directions, but always get an error message to the effect of, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." 

I used Jim's suggestion for hosting, copied the url as you suggested above, but still come up with a message that it is an unacceptable file.  The upload was a standard jpeg file.

What did I miss in your instructions?

Thanks,

Wilson

Tom:

Never mind.  I just had to find the correct url from the website.  Got it posted.  

It was easy, once I figured out which to use.  Thanks for your instructions.

Wilson

When I post a picture via Oz Image Hosting, I post the BBCode link here as follows:

gkcZm.jpg

Apologize for the late response.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Why is it not possible to browse to an image in my pictures folder, please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Other  than the picture  is too big  for  the oz  site to load   than I got no idea  since  I can browse  to any folder  on my pc  and if I click on a pic  I get  a warning  saying  pic  to large to load etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I use Flcker,   i think its great, you can edit re-size or even draw on it the pic,  fantastic  :rolleyes:

Thanks Elaine.

Dave Taylor gb.png

So, if I understand this right, images are not hosted on AVSIM anymore, they have to be linked from somewhere else?  I hate to sound stupid, but I tried linking images from my FB page and no joy.

Thanks.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply