No texture sets in ASN. You can use any texture replacement set (like REX Ess+OD or REX4) or freeware cloud textures, or the default FSX textures, or your AS2012 textures.

ASN includes sounds for hail (amazing!!!) and a 'windshear' callout based on ASN windshear depiction.

As an AS2012 owner you are entitled to the discounted ASN upgrade offer.

I'm not 100% sure because I 'jumped' from ASE to ASN:

In ASE you could have textures, based on your current weather, injected into FSX. These textures would stay there, even when ASE was closed.

So I assume you can do the same with AS2012, let it inject cloud textures into FSX, shut AS2012 down, and fire up ASN.

I was under the impression that we would see a graphics package to go with ASN in the near future. That's why I'm holding off to upgrading to ASN.

The graphic addon will be separate product so there is no reason to hold off upgrading to ASN. Nobody at Hifi said when it would be released either, not even a near future comment, just that a product is in development and that it would be ground breaking.

Cheers, Andy.

So have I been doing this right?

I have to start AS2012- wait for the weather to load, then install wx influenced textures, close AS2102, start ASN, wait for that to load then start FSX?

Seems a bit clumsy...

What I understand is, if you're going to use the AS2012 textures, start AS2012, select and install the textures, exit from AS2012, and those textures will be set everytime you fire up ASN and FSX.  I'm sure that is what I had done a while back.  I'm now using REX4 Direct textures, and I installed those textures the same.

I hope I'm correct, as I'm no expert on this subject, however, I'm sure I saw those instructions on some forum.

Rod

I just re-read your question about using weather influenced textures.  To be honest, I really don't know, as I've always used the set of textures I had installed from when I setup AS2012, then ran ASN.  I guess I never used the Wx influenced textures option. 

Sorry about that....Rod

Rod Beck

I see,

Does everyone's AS2012 take as long as mine to load textures?

It's regularly 5-6 minutes.

If you have a slow PC with slow, full, fragmented hard drives, 5 or 6 minutes sounds normal.

Cheers, Andy.