Sign in to follow this  
davjg

Are you still flying Level D 767?

Hi All

I have been enjoying FSX for quite sometime now, since 2006 and I have flown many aircrafts, PMDG, A2A, Aerosoft Airbus and much more. I have uninstall LEVEL-D 767 more than I care to count, but for whatever reason, I just want to come back and fly it again. Especially with FSCREW is even more fun. Yes, I know the graphic is blah blah blah, but it doesnt change the fact its a great plane to fly. I love flying in 2D view as well as virtual cockpit, they are both great. I find it amazing with all this high tech stuff incorporated into the PMDG 777 and the NGX, I still want to fly this bird. 

Share your thought

David

Uninstalled years ago.

David Porrett

I rarely fly the good ole gal these days but spent many many hours enjoying her! 10 yrs worth almost. Not really sure why I dont now I think about it. I reckon the PMDG stuff trumped her.

I still do. I hand't even really thought about *other* 767s, though I'm sure there is something with a few more bells and whistles. Something about the Level-D 767 just feels right.

I still do. I hand't even really thought about *other* 767s, though I'm sure there is something with a few more bells and whistles. Something about the Level-D 767 just feels right.

Same here...I still enjoy flying this one even after loads of hours in the PMDG MD-11, 777, and NGX, among others. Of course I'd prefer a prettier VC, but the systems complexity and feel of the aircraft keep me engaged.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

It flies and feels good, there's enough systems to keep me hooked, so i still fly it. The texture upgrade also helped a bit.

I fly mostly Condor routes and custom VA routes.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Level D 767 is the only western plane I still fly, due it somehow has the "feel" to it. And handflies very well. Maybe the graphics is quite bad not to mention that horrible flat 2D overhead panel, which developers didn't even care to make a 3D update to it not to mention their lazy slow work on a 757 first mentioned in 2006?

Anyhow even though the systems might not be as advanced as PMDG, it does give you a more relaxing flight experience when you just want to take your brains off from the real world without complications. Such if I had a problem with a complicated woman let's say, last thing I would want is to jump in with a more or less complicated airplane :unsure: 

With FS2CREW, the experience get's better by about 50% in my opinion. But again I'm using FS9.

Just installed her on my new pc.

Now must learn to fly her (with MCE)

John

John Cramer

Yup. Fly her about twice a week.

Right now in AC48 from PHNL to CYVR at 35000.

Dan Cole

I take it for a flight quite often- you just can't go wrong with the systems. Always good fun to fly. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My top plane was the LevelD 767 Then the PMDG 737 NGX and when the T7 came out, that's all I have been flying.  I use Goflights MCP PRO and EFIS.  Been waiting for PMDG to release SP1 so I can use the hardware.  Going back to using the mouse is like taking a horse to your destination instead of a plane.  I have upgraded the textures and it looks fine.  It  may not be up to PMDG's level, but the product is how many years old?  I was waiting for their 757 to come out and finally realized that it was a pipe dream.  I'll still take a flight on her once in a while just so I don't forget her systems.  It's funny though that if you've flown the T7 for a while and then go back to the 767, you realize how much more automated the T7 is.

Gnacino

Still fly the bird today but not as much as I would like do to the fact of limited time and you can't accelerate the sim without this bird freaking out.  PMDG learned to accommodate this with the 777 and iFly as well with their 737.  Without the ability to accelerate the sim when using birds like the LVD 767 and Captainsim's 757 they get much less use on my system.  Heck I can accelerate time using the PMDG MD11 which get's more use.  Bottom line the LVD 767 is a great plane but I only use it for short haul cargo flying.  I don't have 4 hours for a real time long haul flight.  If that wasn't an issue it would be one of the top planes I use currently (I'm mainly a short haul airliner simmer).  I'd love to use the PMDG 744 more but I'm relegated to the CLS 742 for round the world flying.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Still using the great bird.

nebojsa

I'll add to this in saying with the ability to run the LDS 767 in P3D v2 it's a mainstay in this community.  This bird will be flown by all of us airline simmers well into the future.  

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2