Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Looking for P3D2 users on Windows 8.1

Heya!

First to make sure everyone knows: Windows 8.0 users should be able to use the regular packages I provide. However, users with Windows 8.1 are in for a little trouble since DirectX is updated to 11.2 on that version. So, I've setup a beta package, which you can try here. I'm currently in touch with one person who tried it and it works for him, unfortunately, not in full screen mode. There's a bug that occurs and I'm investigating on fixing that. While I do that, I'd like similar users to try it out and report back if they experience the same issue. Besides this one issue, it's working perfectly. If you don't mind using windowed mode, then that's one way to bypass the problem.

-Adi

I always use windowed mode in 8.1 simply because I access Plan-G and my charts a lot.

Running 3699x1920 pseudo-4K resolution with 3xDELLs no problems fps locked at 17 which is smooth for me. Shadows at 30

Getting a real (??) 4K Thursday

I was not aware you had sweetFX for P3DV22 in 8

will try it out soon

addendum: maybe not, your download pages confuse me too much so Ill pass

P3D2 is running in full screen as it was windowed. It's a special trick they implemented. You don't have to run in windowed mode really. For example, I find it extremely easy to access ezdok now. Prior to that, in FSX, it was a must to move to windowed mode and only then I could use shift+d to bring up ezdok.

It's confusing? hmm I tried to make it as simple as possible. I'll see if I can simplify it further.

This is the package you need: http://www.mediafire.com/download/55jjpggtabjalay/p3d2_sfx_complete_win81_15-05-14.rar

I got it this time

Was previously confusing because of the pop-up adds and diversions

Will look at it tomorrow

But aint SweetFX only for NVidia cards?  I have an R9-290

It's for AMD as well, but if you have an AMD, it's a slightly different installation. I'm collection data atm for creating a tutorial suitable for AMD users.

You're right. I will move the files to my host tomorrow, this will stop any popups and stuff like that. Sorry. :)

Edit: files are moved now. No mediafire spam links etc'.

Hey, I will give this a shot, I have been waiting to try out SweetFx for a while on P3Dv2.  And yes, I do have Windows 8.1 and amd eyefinity.

Count me in for testing purposes

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

The latest version posted on your site, works excellent with P3Dv2.3.  I could not get the SweetFX Gui configurator to work, though to get it working, I had to do bunch of files etc - but the simplest way is to put the files from your package, and edit the text file and reload SweetFX settings in the sim.  Super efficient and works flawlessly.

Thank You for creating it.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If you run win7 or 8.0, then it should work properly. Unfortunately, win 8.1 is out of the question for the time being.

Glad it's working out for ya.