Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

My ASN weather radar gauge for FSX (&P3D?)

Hi guys, I have two very naive questions:

1) how does this gauge differ from the one that comes with ASN itself (that can be installed from ASN)? 

2) can you give me steps to embed this into a VC (I am using FSX acceleration with Carenado aircrafts)?

many thanks!

kermit

• bryn's gauge is typical of a real world weather (precipitation) radar with tilt / gain / range / turbulence functions shown in arc mode (ahead only not all round) view ... !

the asn xgauge is a 360o map of many weather data options which includes precipitation but of height / intensity which needs to be interpreted for the aircraft's altitude / fpa.

both gauges are reading the same asn data direct.

• you should be able to embed the gauge in the vc but not as an overlay / underlay & with the loss of an existing gauge. do you want that ??

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi,

Bryn's (and T7 and iFly's etc) radars simulate on board ND wxr radars, while ASN's map/gauge image simulates ground based (NexRad) wxr radar that is supposedly sent through satelite link to the aircraft. I suggest you read about them.

Both are found in real life aircrafts (the nex rad one more commonly in GA aircrafts).

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

i didnt found the link to download in Bryns page!

Thanks and congratulations Bryn

Same, I can't find the download link either. Is it still available?

Devgrp, There is nothing you have to do in ASN.

I have it working fine in the 737.  But cannot get it to work in the 747.  Was hoping someone could help me, I can send screen shots.    Also would like to put it in the MD11

This radar works just like it does in the B777.

You do need to be in weather that will return precipitation though.

Jfriz

More,

I now have the MD11 working, the,,PMDG B737,,  the Cessna, and the Q400,   For some reason, can't get the gauge to show in the PMDG 747.  

This is a good add-on, sure adds to the realism, with Winter coming on, there will be lots of storms out there. 

A couple of shots of my 747 panel.cfg folder     http://gyazo.com/cb4d5d17426c17c335a6e6c85b327d56  and  http://gyazo.com/12b186917a17149250d41e299d18de8f

Jfriz

Bryn the only word to say is ......THANK YOU..... greath job , you are helping the sim world to step ahead now everyone could have a weather radar witch represent what the real counterpart does and not only the clouds as many pretentious expensive payware addon do.

I know that all this is due to active sky next, but the cmmitment and passion of person like you shoul be awarded

clap clap clap.....

Hi Bryn, The gauge looks awesome, and I'd love to donate before I download....any chance you can add a paypal link? I'm adverse to putting my visa info into a web form....

I installed the radar but did not work. Below is the text that appears .

"WXT: ASN not installed."

I use Rex4 and FS Global Real Weather.

Thanks!

I use Rex4 and FS Global Real Weather.

Theres your problem. This gauge calls the Active Sky Next API to get the realtime position and intensity of rain in the simulator, if you don't have ASN the gauge can't call the functions so it wont work.

Bryn, what a brilliant idea!

Thanks a lot for your hard work. I just finished my first flight with ASN and radar gauge, first time ever with a real precipitation view in one of my simulators!

I'm trying also to declare the gauge in the Pmdg JS41 virtual cockpit (as there is an empty location dedicated for the weather radar), but in this configuration, the dll crash.

I know you are not using VC, but is there some DLL initialisation that make the use in VC incompatible?

I integrate the same way the RealityXP WX500 and it's working well in the JS41:

Working RXPWX500 setup in JS41:

[VCockpit02]
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GaugeTwo
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1, 0, 0, 393, 500
gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2, 393, 0, 393, 500
gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS, 1, 508, 512, 408
gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 896,0,128,508
gauge04=rxpWX500!RDR, 532, 528, 472, 331

Non working setup with your gauge:

[VCockpit02]
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GaugeTwo
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1, 0, 0, 393, 500
gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2, 393, 0, 393, 500
gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS, 1, 508, 512, 408
gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 896,0,128,508
gauge04=BrynsRadar!radar, 532, 528, 472, 331

Any idea?

Thanks

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites