Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

My ASN weather radar gauge for FSX (&P3D?)

Is it a completely black gauge (ie can you see a beige border?)? Are you using P3D or FSX? If it's FSX, are you using SP2?

Cheers,

Bryn.

Free? Free if you donate? Cant get past the donate screen. :)

Type in $0. I'll understand. ;)

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Here's me trying to fight my way out of Libreville this morning.  I've put the gauge into the PMDG 737 NGX as a popup. For me, this adds a whole new dimension to flying FS.  I mean, I don't even know what airline procedures are for avoiding weather.

Libreville.jpg

• Upvote 1

Is it a completely black gauge (ie can you see a beige border?)? Are you using P3D or FSX? If it's FSX, are you using SP2?

Cheers,

Bryn.

Type in $0. I'll understand. ;)

2014_5_19_2_35_25_323.jpg

I'm using FSX acceleration

That is working. There is no weather to display at your altitude (it sure looks pretty clear out there). Even if there were, your radar is tilted up slightly, so it could miss it.

The radar will only display areas of precipitation around your altitude.

Bryn.

Can it be used only with the 2D panel or also in the VC?

Thanks.

James Goggi

I guess it could be used as a popup panel in the VC.

I'll make a borderless version tomorrow, so that it can be used in VC panels directly.

Hi Bryn,

Now that would enhance my iFly 737NG / VC in P3Dv2. Looking forward to trying it in my aircraft. Is it possible to try the gauage and then go back to your site and donate. If I end up using the gauge, I'd like to give you a couple bucks.

Thanks for your efforts

I guess it could be used as a popup panel in the VC.

I'll make a borderless version tomorrow, so that it can be used in VC panels directly.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I've updated the package now so that it contains a borderless gauge, with the optional border in the panel directory.  

That means you should be able to put the gauge behind a border of your choosing.  I haven't tried it in a Virtual Cockpit.

(I don't use them because I prefer my gauges fixed in a spot on the screen... completely fixed... not moving even a little bit... and I like to be able to reach all the buttons without panning... and the gauges are clearer in 2D... and VC gives me a headache).

With donating, anyone is welcome to go back and pay what they reckon its worth later on. Or not.  

Hi Bryn,

Now that would enhance my iFly 737NG / VC in P3Dv2. Looking forward to trying it in my aircraft. Is it possible to try the gauage and then go back to your site and donate. If I end up using the gauge, I'd like to give you a couple bucks.

Thanks for your efforts

Thanks for the update Bryn. For VC use - whenever I use the WX radar gauge in the VC, I just have it as a window on the bottom left hand corner. That way, it doesn't interfere with my view panning that much and it's there whenever I need to glance at it if I'm taking off in stormy weather.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Hi Guys,

I'm really loving this... P3Dv2 with the iFly 737NG, ASN with the embedded weather gauge in the VC.  In a word  "S W E E T"

iFly_Panel.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Guys,

I'm really loving this... P3Dv2 with the iFly 737NG, ASN with the embedded weather gauge in the VC.  In a word  "S W E E T"

iFly_Panel.jpg

Thats fabbb _ thanks for the gauge, finally a WX gauge  !!!!how did you get the gauge integrated into the VC- Im looking to integrate this into 777. What panel edit did you use

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

The photo that Mike showed was from iFly's own panel integration - they wrote their own weather radar that also reads the ASN weather.  That's also what PMDG are doing with their 777.  

The gauge I wrote is standalone and is best used as a pop-up window, I think. There may be some panels where it could integrate nicely, but probably not many.  But the pop-up window should still come in handy with all the other panels out there (I know it does for me).

Maybe if I created a colour-on-black gauge, with no white lines or text, and worked out how to create a few hooks for other developers, they could integrate it into their panels, so it could look like iFly's panel.  If any developer wants that, just let me know, and I'll work on putting it in the package.

Bryn.

nThe photo that Mike showed was from iFly's own panel integration - they wrote their own weather radar that also reads the ASN weather.  That's also what PMDG are doing with their 777.  

The gauge I wrote is standalone and is best used as a pop-up window, I think. There may be some panels where it could integrate nicely, but probably not many.  But the pop-up window should still come in handy with all the other panels out there (I know it does for me).

Maybe if I created a colour-on-black gauge, with no white lines or text, and worked out how to create a few hooks for other developers, they could integrate it into their panels, so it could look like iFly's panel.  If any developer wants that, just let me know, and I'll work on putting it in the package.

Bryn.

Well thanks a bunch for this gauge - I added the ASN gauge to the 777 but I think I will replace with yours because it has the "Boeing" look. Thnaks once again for this great gauge and I will add itas a popup in the 777 until SP1 is released. Thanks once again :) and best of luck with integration into other products.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Hi guys,

Yes the gauge is from iFly (Beta File B5235) available for P3Dv2.2 ONLY... I want to thank you Bryn for getting me interested in adding a weather radar gauge again, I didn't realize anyone made progress / improvements in this area.

Now if we could just get some realistic rain on the windscreen, we'd have a complete winner. It does seem a little weird flying through heavy rain and not one drop touches the windscreen. :wacko:

The weather gauge looks great, now to find a really wet area of the world to do some testing.

Thanks again everyone

Wow, Bryn, thanks for producing this! Can't wait to try it out.

Last night, I encountered some big storms near the Klamath VORTAC while on a flight KSFO-CYVR on VATSIM. I used the ASN map to navigate through the weather with help from Seattle Center, which was manned at the time. Very cool and a whole new dimension to flying.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png