Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

1 Possible Solution to CTD when accessing menus

For some strange reason I have recently being observing CTD's when I access some of the menus in P3D V2.2. I can access scenery library and go to airport menus, but trying to access others locks up the sim and then it disappears off screen.

At first I had this issue and simply deactivating AMD crossfire fixed this. Recently however another issue has existed.

Reviewing Event Viewer I notice that Kernelbase.dll is the faulting module. 

I googled possible fixes, one being to create a new Windows 7 user profile. A quick test of this was done by creating a new user profile (with admin rights). Logging in to this new user profile and loading up the sim, I was able to access the menus that had previously caused the problems.

I am now in the process of doing this, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7 and hoping this will solve the problem.

Meanwhile the thought did occur to me that, creating a new user profile that did not load all of the background apps that would usually be loaded in my main profile, may actually result in a smoother sim? Just a guess but with less processes loaded I would have thought more processing power was available.

Even if this doesn't solve the problem, it is one more thing to try, in attempting to solve the issue I had.

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722