Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Important: for A2A C172 Trainer Owners

New thread on A2A's forums: A2A Licensing with FSX and P3D

From first post in thread:

"For our existing C172 Trainer customers who wish to take advantage of the bundle discount, we will honor the $30 rebate for the next 30 days after launch of the 2.0 core update."

Much later in the thread: 

Thank you everyone for weighing in.  Let me further clarify.

For P3D-only users:

For 30 days we will offer P3D-only customers a one time option to relinquish their FSX license and apply its full purchase price towards a P3D only license.  Details will be forthcoming.

• Upvote 3

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Just read the thread over at A2A and I have to say I think that the pricing structure and 'options' are totally out of sync.

Thanks for the heads-up. It's kind of weird that they're having different licences for FSX and P3D now because they seemed content with the fact that users would install their C172 in Prepar3D 2.x with the dummy work-around.

I hope that at least they'll improve the P3D version with more stuff that the new SDK offers like VC raindrops (an installer compliant with Prepar3D 2.x is a must) since those who already use the C172 in Prepar3D 1.4/2.2 will have to pay more.

Glad they are coming out with a native installer then it seems, as I only have P3Dv2.

I am not porting anything. Trying to stay pure with this, as I think all the modding and adding to FSX over the years is what gave me most issues.

Lol, I have to rebuy if I want the EXACT SAME plane in P3D? Unless they somehow make the plane much better in P3D with future updates I will just install the FSX version in P3D.

• Upvote 1

Lol, I have to rebuy if I want the EXACT SAME plane in P3D? Unless they somehow make the plane much better in P3D with future updates I will just install the FSX version in P3D.

I agree, since they're charging more for the P3D version then it should have some more features too, like VC raindrops. I'd like to hear from A2A on that matter.

I know P3D legalese can be confusing, but it is understandable.  If you only use FSX...get the FSX license/installer.  If you only use P3D for 'entertainment'...get the P3D academic license/installer.  If you are a professional pilot/flight school...etc using the A2A product as a training device, get the other appropriate licenses.  If you use both FSX/P3D get the bundle.  

From a tech support perspective, A2A is now supporting multiple sim platforms instead of just one.  They should be paid for that extra time they have to spend supporting multiple platforms.

Cheers

TJ

• Upvote 1

mike2060, we don't know what will happen with future A2A updates, but Scott at A2A also post that "Accu-Sim Core v.2.0 is about to go public which paves the way for native support for P3Dv2 products, the first two being a new native installer for the C172 Trainer and an all new Piper Cherokee 180."

This makes me wonder if A2A will be making changes that are P3D specific. Since I have no use for the FSX version, I'm happy to trade my C172 in for the P3D version.

~ Arwen ~

I know P3D legalese can be confusing, but it is understandable.  If you only use FSX...get the FSX license/installer.  If you only use P3D for 'entertainment'...get the P3D academic license/installer.  If you are a professional pilot/flight school...etc using the A2A product as a training device, get the other appropriate licenses.  If you use both FSX/P3D get the bundle.

There's also another issue, the customers who bought the FSX version of the A2A C172 (the only version available till now) for use in Prepar3D. Will they have to pay for the bundle even though they're using the C172 only in Prepar3D? Those should be given the chance to exchange their FSX licence with a P3D one.

EDIT: Saw Arwen's post, did they confirm that this will be possible?

Arwen's post is directly from Scott's post so I am pretty sure that is the policy.  The bundle is for those who use BOTH FSX and P3D.  Otherwise you just get the appropriate license/installer in the future, or trade your current FSX 172 license/installer it you plan on only using P3D with it.

Individually, the prices are the same

Platform................License...............................Cost
FSX......................Entertainment.......................$49.99
P3D......................Academic............................$49.99

FSX/P3D (Bundle)......Entertainment/Academic..........$69.99

mike2060, we don't know what will happen with future A2A updates, but Scott at A2A also post that "Accu-Sim Core v.2.0 is about to go public which paves the way for native support for P3Dv2 products, the first two being a new native installer for the C172 Trainer and an all new Piper Cherokee 180."

This makes me wonder if A2A will be making changes that are P3D specific. Since I have no use for the FSX version, I'm happy to trade my C172 in for the P3D version.

Oh, I see that now. That is at least reasonable.

Arwen's post is directly from Scott's post so I am pretty sure that is the policy.

Just noticed that the thread had more than one page, saw Scott's post in the 4th page. That is very reasonable.

There's also another issue, the customers who bought the FSX version of the A2A C172 (the only version available till now) for use in Prepar3D. Will they have to pay for the bundle even though they're using the C172 only in Prepar3D? Those should be given the chance to exchange their FSX licence with a P3D one.

EDIT: Saw Arwen's post, did they confirm that this will be possible?

Yes, it was announced this morning that P3D-only users of the C172 will have a 30-day window to trade in their FSX licence for a P3D-only licence. The details have not yet been posted on A2A's site.

~ Arwen ~

I agree, since they're charging more for the P3D version then it should have some more features too, like VC raindrops. I'd like to hear from A2A on that matter.

What "VC raindrops?" Prepar3Dv2.2 SDK does not support that at this time. In fact, the entire legacy "chained animation" code has been stripped from v2.2...

If it is ever added in the future, it will be based on a custom shader system.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What "VC raindrops?" Prepar3Dv2.2 SDK does not support that at this time. In fact, the entire legacy "chained animation" code has been stripped from v2.2...

If it is ever added in the future, it will be based on a custom shader system.

Didn't Lockheed Martin say that Prepar3D 2.2 has the ability to show VC raindrops, but it depends on the add-on developer to add that?