Sign in to follow this  
aheli

Triple monitor setup

Okey, so i finally got p3d v2.2 installed and are trying to make Nvidia surround work on my dual gtx780 6gb graphic cards, but i`m having a hard time figure out a few issues.

First of all is the bezel correction. Is there any way to adjust it in the software config files? I looks very strange when the sim objects kind of just skips over the bezel.

Second is the monitor angel. I keep my monitors angels at around 45 degrees, but when i bank my head using track ir, or just bank the plane for that matter, the horizon want line up across the displays. Don`t really know if that is just due to the angel.

I have spend the hole day trying to find a solution and understand that some got it working using e.g triplehead2go witch I guess comes whit a software that allows you to adjust this settings.

Any tips and tricks to how i can get this working is much appreciated. And off course the best would be if they also would add this to the in game settings further down the road.     

There should be bezel correctionin nvidia settings, after you have setup nvidia surround, it gives you ability to do a custom resolution. Thats the only way I know of to fix that issue.

Kacper Nowotynski

Yes this is all done via the NVIDIA control panel. Once you check to enable Surround it will ask if you would like to create bezel corrected resolutions or no, select yes. This will bring up a picture of a road split across your bezel and you use the up and down clickable arrows to find the value that lines up the road across your bezel. For example, mine is always 210. Continue and it will create a bezel corrected resolution.

Note that once surround is completed, you are NOT using the bezel corrected resolution yet. In the NVIDIA control panel select Change Resolution and it should currently be on the "recommended" resolution which is not bezel corrected. Make sure you select the resolution that says (bezel corrected). It should be larger than your recommended resolution.

Now the image should pass behind your bezels and also line up properly.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Isn`t it funny how everything seem so obviously once you find the fix! I did fiddle around with the bezel correction in the Nvidia control panel, but for some reason i just figured that it was added when i created it. Once i actually selected the bezel corrected resolution magic started to happen. Now it is just a matter of 10 more hours finding the perfect setup working on ezdok, doing some calculations, panel cfg, InitialZoom, etc, etc, etc  :P  It is really a full time job setting up this sim! 

Thank you so much!   

I would like to be able to upload images here.  I have an update on my fisheye mitigation project that I think an image would speak better for.  They are some eye candy, to say the least.

Good that you've found the fix...

All I did was just bought three matching 22" widescreen monitors and one Triple Head 2 Go, and I am kosher :)

Thinking about getting three more monitors and another Triple Head 2 Go... just love the overkill factor. :P

Rodney E. Jacobs

So, here:

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

So a few things.  It's not perfect.  

There is a distortion of the horizon curving depending on if you're looking up or down, but it isn't that noticeable.  

The clickspots are borked completely.  

The aircraft identifiers do not seem to get the correction and so show what the image was before being corrected.  It's interesting to see what we've been living with.

The first two I may be able to mitigate yet.  I've had some success with clickspots in an earlier version.  

Also, there is a bit of graininess that I have fixed in a previous version as well.  

To do this you need to trick Prepar3d a little bit.  I've made some tools to help with that.  

Unfortunately I am extremely busy and may only have time to communicate in fragments until the weekend, if then.  I am reluctant to put out what I have yet because I think it should be packaged a little better first, as it can be confusing.  Also, because I think I can still fix a few things, I don't like to give incomplete work.  But considering the types that visit this place that probably doesn't matter too much.  

The images were created at Albuquerque with some kind of Global mesh, ASN, and homegrown photoreal scenery using FSEarthtiles (I have some utitlities for that too ... but don't get me wrong, I love Orbx stuff just as much).

Hope to get the time to make some kind of posting soon.

One more.  

Capture5.jpg

When viewing the fullscreen, I like to right click "open image in new tab" to get rid of the nonsense that is put on the page with it

Capture6.jpg

Capture7.jpg

Ok, gotta stop now ... must ... stop now

... There is a wicked turbulence on that ridge.  wow

When viewing the fullscreen, I like to right click "open image in new tab" to get rid of the nonsense that is put on the page with it

Yes this is looking fantastic across three screens.

I don't mind the curved horizon. Much better than my bent one using three separate views.

You say there is no bevel correction.

What if you are using Surround/Eyefinity with bevel correction enabled?

Doesn't the bevel correction still work here, maybe with some adjustment.

I guess there is a bit of a frame rate drop too with all those extra pixels?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I haven't tried it with surround.  I'll try later.  But if it doesn't I think I can do it anyway.  I'm even considering angle adjustment.  

There doesn't seem to be a framerate drop, suprisingly.  It seems like framerates are most affected on the final view size most, and not so much on any buffers that are used.

I'll get something out ASAP, after I clean it up a bit.

I would like to be able to upload images here.  I have an update on my fisheye mitigation project that I think an image would speak better for.  They are some eye candy, to say the least.

When you say fisheye you meen the stretched effect on the side monitors when you enable wideview?

In iracing (racing sim) you have in game settings that let`s you adjust fov, zoom, monitor angel, bevel correction, and if you want to render each screen separate + + Hopefully someday LM will implement this in p3d.

Looking forward to hear your results.

Look at my earlier post.  There are links to images there.

The way the racing sims do it is by creating a new view for each monitor, along with an algorithm that matches up the sides.  That's framerate suicide in Prepar3d.  I don't get any framerate hit over a view spanning 3 monitors.

There is another program that will do the same thing, screen space lite, http://www.dandeware.com/screenspace/

If you run it and [control][alt][r]  it will show you a view of your screen and outside it, where you can drag P3D for size and coverage.  With AHK I'm trying to make it automated, and open/trustable code,  but like I said, I've assumed (which isn't normal at all for me).   Screen space has a little gui to show you what is going on, somewhat.