Sign in to follow this  
callegro

FSX starting to freeze after installing FTX vector

Hey guys,

Ever since I've installed Orbx Global FTX vector, FSX starts to sporadically freeze. Especially if i minimize FSX, and come back, it will freeze for 15 secs and be fine. I did a flight across the pond tonight with the PMDG 747 and having ASN....FSX froze for a couple of times for 10-15 mins, like it sometimes does with virtual memory issues.

Anyways, I guess what I'm asking, is there any optimum settings for using all this high end add-on scenery/weather tools...I have an Ailenware computer so it's a semi decent computer for FSX.....

Hi Callegro, I too am experiencing some problems after installing Vector.  Not quite the same as you, but not dissimilar.  I Posted a topic over at the OrbX Vector forum, headed 'Major FPS hit after installing Vector'

At present it is shown as 'pending' on page 2 of that forum, but you might like to take a look and keep an eye on it should I get some answers!  The Post has been there a few days now, and nothing coming back yet.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi Callegro and Selkan. 

I'm also having issues with Orbx Vector.  I recently purchased both FS Global Mesh and FTX Vector.  It is the first time I've had real issues with FTX products.  FS Global hasn't proven to be problematic except for poor installation instructions and poor config-tool instructions.  I'm beginning to wish I hadn't dropped the cash on either.  That said, FTX Vector causes a substantial framerate hit, occasional, temporary freezes, and weird graphical anomalies.  Unchecking the Vector entries within the FSX scenery interface results in expected framerates.  I have recently built a new rig and I use my older desktop (this PC) as a test bed for installing products.  I have yet to install the products on my new rig, as I am waiting for an answer to these issues, that is, I'm hoping it is an installation sequence issue of sorts.  I will likely go ahead and try an install of each product on my new rig and I will post the results. 

Selkan, I am following your post on Orbx forum. 

Thanks Scott

Hi Scott, in some ways glad to hear others are having similar problems to myself.  We are really in the FSX forum here, so do keep an eye on my Post over at Orbx forum.  As you can see my Post over there has been up for a week now, and nothing coming back!  I have no problems with FTX Global, just the FPS hit with Vector.

I have no problems with FTXG either.  I read on another Orbx post that someone disabled highway traffic in the Vector Configurator and that helped with FPS.  I haven't experimented with those settings yet.  Scott

Hi Scott, yes, I spotted that and tried, but didn't make any difference for me!

Hi Callegro,

Any updates on this issue?  I haven't taken the time yet to investigate it further.  Scott

I, too, have suffered a frame rate hit and short "freezes", or "jerkiness", after installing FTX Vector.  I believe this is simply a result of adding a *lot* more scenery features which have to be loaded and rendered. 

Previously, I had Ultimate Terrain installed and didn't have these issues.  However, I used Ultimate Terrain's powerful interface to disable a lot of features, such as 3-D bridge objects, which helped greatly in increasing frame rate and making the sim run more smoothly.

With FTX Vector, I've so far disabled Tertiary Roads and will continue disabling other features, such as bridges for Secondary Roads, and see if this helps.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Hi Callergo:
I have that same problem... My rig isn't the highest end one, but it is quite, quite a good thing and it even freezes and FPS go to hell every time I fly over a city.

The greatest problem is trying to land in a city airport even an easy plane at 1 FPS...

The other day I made a last correction at 20 ft over the runway on my old A-1J "Spad" and next frame I was tumbled nose-down and I was written off. It is impossible to land this way!

If I ever find a solution I will post it!

In addition, realism is really amazing and makes a great difference when flying over the countryside but even so, there is still the other problem: the   #/°°!! "fatal errors" that appear after any sudden maneouvre...

I use Windows 7 and I was aware that FSX and W. 7 isn't always a good friendly relationship, so I had downloaded a freeware solution to this problem: a little patch that had worked really fine. From 1 "fatal error has ocurred" each session I was experiencing pretty much as 1 "fatal error..." every 2 months or so.

Well, after installing FTX Vector I have had an increase in fatal errors frequency too.

If it isn't a fatal error, FSX freezes down for a long, long time; say 3 - 10 minutes or even longer.

Let's hope FTX find a real solution for this bug.

I'd like to know if higher-end rigs experience the same bug...

Paul.-