Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

ATC Compatible with X-plane

Hi everyone.  I just uploaded a new version 1.0.1.3 that fixes some issues with the PTT button setup as well as some other issues.  Please download the new version and give it a try.

Uninstall the old version if you have it so you don't wind up with two different versions installed.  The 1.0.1.3 version uses a new installer program and installs to slightly different folders, so you want to use the Control Panel - Programs and Features tool to uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

Enjoy!

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Just to let you know, I bought this software from Dave and he has been working with me to get it set up correctly with my CH yoke. I'm still experimenting with it but so far, have been having success with short flights. Only real problems encountered were due to pilot error. I've not used ATC in a very long time and I'm rusted. Actually, I suck at ATC communications :lol:.

This software deserves you download it and give the trial version a spin, you'll be surprised at all the functionality it brings. There are so many great things it can do, like an autopilot where you can use your keyboard to enter heading, course, altitude, v/s etc., so no more fiddling with the gauge dials. Automatic radio frequency look-ups and they are dialed in for you if you wish (no more fumbling with radio dials). Tons more, moving map, access to sectionals in the US, approach plates for the US, import your XPX flight plans or make your own...get it! :)

Hmmmmm.... looks great!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Anyone tried the 15-day trial or bought it?

How does it compare to VoxATC for example?

Quite tempted so might install it tonight and give it a go.

Surprised there has not been more discussion and enthusiasm for this new software given the XP10 ATC is so dire.

Thx

Will this run on a networked client machine ?

If I may, I have a suggestion for the developer (Dave?) - looking at the ATC audio file component, I think it would be useful to configure to play random mp3s in a given folder for each position, rather than just one individual file. That way you could have a library files at your disposal for a bit of variety of background chatter, without having to set it up manually.

For example, I have a set of files from the RealATC web site which were set up for the now unsupported ProATC/X - it would be great to be able to re-use these in Pilot2ATC.

http://realatc.net/RealATCforPRO-ATCX.htm

Will this run on a networked client machine ?

Tried it and no it will not work networked

IIRC No voice controlled programs work via network, VOX, MCE, FS2crew, etc.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the great questions and comments.

On the network question, I have looked at this and have run Pilot2ATC on a remote client using Wide Client.  The problem comes when you want to hear the roar of the engines from the SIM on the same headphones as the ATC voices....or you want to pick up the SIM ATIS broadcasts on your headphones.  The only other complication is getting the PTT to work remotely, but that is possible.  I have tested this with using speakers on the SIM for the roar and rumble and P2ATC on a separate machine, but the family didn't like that one,,,,so while possible, not a priority in terms of practicality or development.

I like the idea of playing random, or even sequential mp3s in a loop for ATC background.  That would give much longer before you hear the same instruction over and over again.  I've added it to the enhancements list.

Thanks for the ideas!

dave

This is a great piece of software. Moving maps, sectionals, auto radio frequencies, airport diagrams, departure/arrival plates, AP and really good ATC. This is a great fit for XPlane if you're looking for ATC in the U.S. not to mention the outstanding support response,receptiveness to new ideas and continuous improvements and bug fixes. I can't speak too much to Heavy Metal AC as I only occasionally fly them but for GA, this is definitely worth your dime.....

Yes, it's on my list already, and very tempted to register it!

How does it cope with flying in Europe?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yes, it's on my list already, and very tempted to register it!

How does it cope with flying in Europe?

Have you tried the 15-day trial?

I will be installing it too when I get some quality time.

Have you tried the 15-day trial?

I will be installing it too when I get some quality time.

I didn't because, I am trying to find a time slot that will ensure that I have the time to test...

My past experience with MSFS products for ATC was not the best one, primarilly because ATC isn't really something I like to do in the simulation World ( nor in RL ... ), but I will surely give this product a try ASAP!

Main Simulation Rig:

Hi Everyone.

I just uploaded version 1.0.4.0 that adds ATC worldwide.  Prior to this, if there was not an ATC frequency in the region you were flying in, you did not get transferred to ATC.  That has been fixed worldwide now!

Enjoy!

Dave

Hi Everyone.

I just uploaded version 1.0.4.0 that adds ATC worldwide.  Prior to this, if there was not an ATC frequency in the region you were flying in, you did not get transferred to ATC.  That has been fixed worldwide now!

Enjoy!

Dave

Great! This is what I was referring to in our email exchange. I'm anxious to test it in Europe. This software gets better with every update.

One thing I think you could do is ask AVSIM if you can set up a forum here. This would greatly ease support issues for you. Just a thought...:wink:

thanks Dave,