Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What are some beautiful, breath-taking airport locations?

I am falling in love with X-Plane all over again, and want to start taking some beautiful screenshots. I am currently taking off and landing at LFMN (Nice, France) and that airport is surrounded with such beautiful environments, almost breathtaking landing onto runway 04 and seeing the mountains in the background. I am looking for more locations like this, if someone can start posting ICAO codes so that I can discover them, I'd appreciate it!

Here's are a few shots:

777_300_v10_7.jpg

777_300_v10_16.jpg

777_300_v10_18.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I am falling in love with X-Plane all over again, and want to start taking some beautiful screenshots. I am currently taking off and landing at LFMN (Nice, France) and that airport is surrounded with such beautiful environments, almost breathtaking landing onto runway 04 and seeing the mountains in the background. I am looking for more locations like this, if someone can start posting ICAO codes so that I can discover them, I'd appreciate it!

Here's are a few shots:

777_300_v10_7.jpg

777_300_v10_16.jpg

777_300_v10_18.jpg

What sort of frame rates are you getting?

Go up to Aix-les-Bains from Nice, then across to Lugano. Gobsmacking beauty all the way:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Turbine, I'm not sure but I have the framerate off, I can tell you it's extremely smooth though, with settings pretty high.

scotchegg, I tried Lugano too and it was beautiful! It's time I flew in other parts of the world besides the US. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So many to choose from :smile:

The coast of Spain is nice, try LEMG (Malaga), where one of the approaches goes out over the sea and loops back round with a great view of the mountains. Another nice Spanish approach is LEAL (Alicante), again with sea and mountains to look at. Of course, you've already discovered the south of France, but also not far from Nice is Geneva, Switzerland, which also a great approach with a view of lake and mountains

Do everyone else's water reflections "flicker"

Drives me bananas and really keeps me from enjoying the reflections.

WOW!!! The 777 Never Looked Better,Great shots! :smile: Fred makes some great immersive freeware,His Hawiian airports are some of my favorite.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=125076

Truescenery make Amazing paymare airports for Finland

http://www.truscenery.com/index.php/online-store

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

From LFHM (Megeve) to LIMW (Aosta) ... passing by the highest mountain of the Alps, the Mont Blanc .... (with HD Mesh Scenery v2 ... of course :lol: )

Or some flights around the NZ Alps, for example starting out from NZGT (Mt. Cook Aitport) or NZMF (Milford Sound) ... (with New Zeland Pro ... of course B) )

Ok, a plug for my hometown is necessary here.  :wink:

Here's a few from beautiful PAJN/JNU.  I think they're better looking than many of the smoggy city-scapes on that link, but I'm a little biased.  :P

h1hg.jpg
22yi.jpg
1w89.jpg

Wow, the last screenshot was absolutely astonishing! Also, what time was the time in game? Somewhere around dusk, right? 

Thanks so much for the compliments everyone. The last pic was taking during the evening. and I will definitely give all these places a try out. There's so many hidden areas in X-Plane that are yet to be discovered and will make for beautiful pictures. :)

Here's are a few shots:

777_300_v10_7.jpg

777_300_v10_16.jpg

777_300_v10_18.jpg

You're using the Mesh HD for sure, are you using OSM or Photosceneries? I have lots of tweaking to do to get there it seems.