Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

XP 64-bit driver for nVidia 8700M. Can anyone help please?

I am looking for a new driver for my nVidia 8700M card (on a Dell XPS M1730, which I use for FS9 when abroad). The current driver, 179.48, works fine but I am having big anti-aliasing problems and it seems that this driver is not supported by nVidia Inspector - at least, the configure icon does nothing when I click it at the moment. Does anyone know where I can get a more recent graphics driver for this O/S that will allow me to use nVidia Inspector? No luck Googling so far...

Thanks,

Martin

Everything you are using is getting on a bit in age, so I recommend this driver which was the best for the 8 series. (XP 64)

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/197.16/197.16_notebook_winxp_64bit_international_whql.exe

Latest driver, don't recommend it. (XP 64)

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/307.83/307.83-notebook-winxp-64bit-international-whql.exe

Hi, and thanks. It looks to me however that nVidia Inspector only supports 2xx.xx drivers and above, at least as far as I can see. Someone please correct me if not. I have Googled 'nVidia Inspector' + 'supported drivers' but haven't found a list to confirm.

I can try the 197.16 you indicated, but I think I'll have better luck with the 307.83. Why do you not recommend it?

Thanks again.

The 197 won't work with NI. Installed 307.83 and now fine - no problems so far that I can see. Frame rates OK (around 25fps) and AA working.

Thanks.

Martin