Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise"

See the Front Page.

Hi Tom,

I think I know the person/people who have bought the license.  I didn't want to mention it since I was quite shocked when I was told a little while back.  I'm going to investigate more, the person who informed me is well trusted and respected. 

Regards

Rob Prest

What does that mean? Will the ability to activate FSX from now on be lost?

How do you expect us to know that? The licensee has not been announced. We have no idea what their response to that question to be.

Interesting development, I wonder what direction they will take it in. 

How do you expect us to know that? The licensee has not been announced. We have no idea what their response to that question to be.

You're right, I made the question too early. I hope activation of FSX will not be prohibited.

EDIT: Is N1G in the comments section telling the truth? Austin Meyer bought Flight Simulator?!

EDIT: Is N1G in the comments section telling the truth? Austin Meyer bought Flight Simulator?!

I am pretty sure the answer to that one is no, but that is just an opinion...

I am pretty sure the answer to that one is no, but that is just an opinion...

Austin Meyers getting the franchise is not good at all. He might have bought it to bury it for good (and make sure X-Plane will never have another competitor), or even market X-Plane under the Flight Simulator name to make it more popular.

I'm really hoping Cascade Game Foundry are the ones who got it.

You're right, I made the question too early. I hope activation of FSX will not be prohibited.

To clarify - My family hosted a dinner a few months back. A friend who is a  very senior airline exec was present, he informed me that a certain individual based out here was purchasing the license and planned to carry on development.

I spoke to someone on Avsim via PM to try and confirm but they hadn't heard anything.  Anyway it will be interesting to see how this pans out.  The person I spoke to is very senior, I thought it would be strange for him to make something like this up.

From what he told me the plans for a future version look very good,  hopefully everything he told me was correct.

Rob Prest

To clarify - My family hosted a dinner a few months back. A friend who is a  very senior airline exec was present, he informed me that a certain individual based out here was purchasing the license and planned to carry on development.

I spoke to someone on Avsim via PM to try and confirm but they hadn't heard anything.  Anyway it will be interesting to see how this pans out.  The person I spoke to is very senior, I thought it would be strange for him to make something like this up.

From what he told me the plans for a future version look very good,  hopefully everything he told me was correct.

Carrying on development sounds good! I'll definitely keep an eye on this matter.

Anyway, I guess this just goes to show that, after Flight, Microsoft weren't planning to make another Flight Simulator.

From what he told me the plans for a future version look very good, hopefully everything he told me was correct.

What airline does he work for?

As long as its not someone like EA or Ubisoft I think we will be OK.

Cheers, Andy.

I know you're not a news site. But "multiple sources" from where? The administration, persons familiar with the deal, industry observers?

You do not need to name your anonymous source(s), however you do need to qualify them if this is a news story.

supporter.jpg

What airline does he work for?

Hi Tom, I will contact you via PM. Although I was never told to be quiet, I should be careful what I say.

btw, it is not an airline in the normal sense, it operates airliners for individuals to use privately.

Regards

Rob Prest