Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

BA Boeing 777-300ER (Beta Preview)

Thanks for the previews shots Kyle and Luke. Keep them coming if you have the time. I average between 35-40 FPS. However, ASN's cloud rendering is a bit taxing on the my system.Been thinking about replacing my ATI 5770 crossfire 1GB card for a 2GB one for more video memory. Thoughts? Probably won't be the taxi cam that much because of that.... but its still a cool feature B) Thanks again.

Awsome pics thanks Luke! All you guys saying stuff about autobrakes and APU's, he is after all beta testing the damn thing, of course some things will be non-normal!

Not sure what Luke is getting, but it easily thirds my frames.

Wow. Well, I guess it was expected. 

But yeah, seems like I won't be using the cameras very often.  :P

I salute the team for the effort, though. This is incredible stuff and I can only imagine how much work was put on it.

Wow. Well, I guess it was expected. 

But yeah, seems like I won't be using the cameras very often.  :P

I salute the team for the effort, though. This is incredible stuff and I can only imagine how much work was put on it.

I forsee this feature being misunderstood, especially with screen shots showing the 2D window manually placed where the ND screen is. The forum will be full of people saying "How do I get the cameras on the nav display it keeps popping up a window!!!" Of course this will be from people who have not read the manual, naturally. 

Oh, some screenies from the flight so far!

Those screenies of the camera view are a 2D popup, aren't they? The first one looks like the VC.

James Goggi

Thanks for sharing Luke. Really looking forward to the 77W

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Not sure what Luke is getting, but it easily thirds my frames.

Wow... So no use on heavy addon airports. :/ from 21 FPS to 7 at KDEN (flightbeam) are not comfortable

Philipp Schwaegerl

Great shots thanks for sharing, I'm so exited I can't wait, on another note, any chance of an Air Canada preview. :)

Kyle you say it thirds your frames. Do you mean a third less or a third left?

Frames / 3.

So, if I was getting 30 prior to having it on, I'd be getting 10 with it on.

Kyle Rodgers

Frames / 3.

So, if I was getting 30 prior to having it on, I'd be getting 10 with it on.

That sounds a little taxing on the system but, for the amount of time that would likely be spent using it, I'm sure everyone will manage.

Thats a pretty cool feature.  

Adrian Brown

That sounds a little taxing on the system but, for the amount of time that would likely be spent using it, I'm sure everyone will manage.

Thats a pretty cool feature.  

Yeah, it helps that when your frames are killed, you're not moving at hundreds of knots.  FlightSimSlideshow happening when you're only moving 10-20 isn't too terrible.  Not ideal, but acceptable for what's being done.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah, it helps that when your frames are killed, you're not moving at hundreds of knots.  FlightSimSlideshow happening when you're only moving 10-20 isn't too terrible.  Not ideal, but acceptable for what's being done.

Do you have any insight on how thats actually being accomplished? Like is the entire external model being loaded when you're using that feature?

Adrian Brown

Do you have any insight on how thats actually being accomplished? Like is the entire external model being loaded when you're using that feature?

From what I understand, it's essentially like right clicking and adding three new view windows (or I think you can press ] to do similar).  So, the model (not sure if it's ext or not) is being loaded three times, which is what's causing the frame drop.

Kyle Rodgers