Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise" Part 2

I agree, but what about taking the FSX world technology and re-writing it and imbedding in the rail sim codebase? Or- the other way round. Trust me I wish WISH WISH they will develop a modern, up to date FS 11 product. With the never ending money grab of DLC these days (Steam, etc) I fear that developers will be locked out or be forced to pay silly amounts though....

Programming-wise, I suspect that would be pretty much like trying to mate ducks and hyenas! :)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

If FSXI (or whatever is released) is actually a leap forward over FSX (such as being a 64 bit sim), don't count on many of your FSX addons being compatible.

But if frame rates doubled with the new version I think many would happily accept that as the price you pay for progress.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Okay guys Justin Bieber bought it LOL 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I think that's a common misconception to think framerates will automagically double with 64-Bit. I'd rather imagine the contrary, as code instructions are longer. 64 Bit will certainly help with memory management (OOMs), but not improve performance per se.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I think that's a common misconception to think framerates will automagically double with 64-Bit. I'd rather imagine the contrary, as code instructions are longer. 64 Bit will certainly help with memory management (OOMs), but not improve performance per se.

Kind regards, Michael

I didn't say they would. It was just a layman's suggestion. Also, if more processing could be put out to the graphics card that would certainly help fps. Wasn't there a suggestion recently that LM were trying to incorporate SLI into P3D? If that were to happen with FS XI it could well improve performance as well as increasing VAS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I already did regret that remark - I really don't want to hijack this thread into a 64 bit thing.

Sorry and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

A console version mightn't actually be a bad idea you know. Having set hardware that can easily be troubleshooted for, and less costly in terms of upgrades too. As long as current peripherals work it could be good.

Ok shoot me down now lol.

I am beginning to wonder if I/we will ever get the simulator we all so desire in my lifetime? Don't get me wrong I am happy with what I have and ooms are never going to be a problem for me; if only I could 'Max' out every setting and have smooth flight in every situation - that's the dream.

In 2009/2010 when Lockheed got hold of ESP I had really high hopes for FS, then when Flight was announced I had high hopes again and finally P3D v2.0 was announced and my hopes were raised yet again. I don't see much improvement since FSX yet.

Lets watch this space I suppose - Happy flying guys

I already did regret that remark - I really don't want to hijack this thread into a 64 bit thing.

Sorry and kind regards, Michael

No apologies needed Michael.There's bound to be a certain amount of wishful thinking about any new version. :smile:  But I couldn't imagine any new version wouldn't be 64-bit.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If a FS11 ever came out, by the time it is released LM will be at least on P3Dv3. I don't see how it could ever surpass P3D unless there were a lot of people working on it.

FSX more or less needs code work under da hood and only LM holds legacy product code to fsx. Contracts can be broken if there $$ to be made. Glad Xplane and P3d are around and I will buy P3d the minute fsx can't be activated anymore. The new buyer has to start over anyways be like Xplane. Microsoft may sell the license but does not mean they will use fsx as a base.

Latest buzz says MS is only selling the MS Flight franchise !?

Where can we find the latest buzz?

- Bill Magann

Latest buzz says MS is only selling the MS Flight franchise !?

That's the news that Simflight are announcing on their front page. http://www.simflight.com/

Doesn't sound like the news we wanted to hear. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Where can we find the latest buzz?

simflight.com, well-known amongst European simmers, and usually very reliable.

(ah, Ray beat me to it)