Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

[old] LINDA 2.0 Released

LINDA 2.5 is now the recommended version!

LINDA 2.0 FORMAL RELEASE (2.0.7)

This new release is as a result of Project Linda2Airbus aimed at making the excellent LINDA utility compatible with the VRInsight Airbus FCU Combo.  Thanks to the generosity of the original developers in giving me access to the source code I have developed LINDA 2.0 to provide full compatibility with both the Boeing MCPII and Airbus FCU; it has not be tested with the original MCP but should be compatible.

This formal release provides full GUI programming for the FCU by expanding LINDA's existing functionality.  It has been extensively tested with the Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 v1.16 and PMDG Boeing 737NGX along with other types.  This release also includes an update to the Aerosoft Airbus Extended 2.4 configuration Lua files to ensure full functionality with the Airbus FCU (2.5b10).

Instructions and details of the release can be downloaded here  - PLEASE READ THEM FULLY:

LINDA 2.0.7 Formal Release notes.pdf

and the replacement LINDA installation files here:

LINDA 2.0.7 Formal Release Installation Zip File

REMEMBER TO BACKUP ALL YOUR EXISTING LINDA FILES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS RELEASE.  NO RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR ADVERSE AFFECTS ON YOUR INSTALLATION.

Post any queries and feedback on this thread.  Please report all error messages in full so that I can diagnose where any problem lay.

Please note that this version has been completed under a limited trial software development environment licence which has now expired.  Therefore, no further changes can be made in the short term although changes to Aerosoft Airbus X files will be forthcoming. However, please report all problems on this thread.

Andrew

---------------------------------------------------

Edit by Guenseli:

here is the post with the latest version 2.0.8

Note: we will work together on a new version (probably 2.1) and will clean after that the forum from all that different versions

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Haven't tested it, but this is really cool stuff!

Many thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veilen dank Guenseli.  I value the expert's feedback.

Is is possible to get this thread pinned?

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hallo Andrew,

it doesen´t work for me.

When i use the 2.07 the pmdg NGX work not correctly.

it is very dificult to make linda work good.

Sorry about my bad englisch writing.

Maby you can write a better Manual to install linda 2.0 over 1.13

I use the mcp1 for boeing

Frank from EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Guten Morgen Frank

I am sorry that you are having problems with LINDA 2.0.7 with PMDG 737 NGX. I will do my best to help you.

Do you have the PMDG 737 NGX module 2.0 installed (see thread on LINDA Downloads)?

You mention you are using the MCP1 Boeing. Is this the original Combo MCP or the revised Combo II MCP Boeing?

Under MCP Setup, what COM PORT and MCP have you selected? After changing these values you need to close and reopen LINDA.

Do the graphics on the MCP pages match your MCP panel?

On same page do you see NGX functions listed against the button and knob functions?

I apologise for all the questions but your answers are needed to help solve your problems. If it is easier for you, send me a private message auf Deutsch.

An undate to the full manual will come once I have some more time.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

should everyone upgrade to the new version? Im only mapping to a throttle and stick so I don't see any benefit.

ZORAN

Hallo Andrew,

Ich verwende die Version 1.13 die gut läuft mit meinem VRinsight MCP Combo 1 Boeing.  1.Version
Zudem nutze ich die Module für die

1. PMDG NGX,
2. Dash 8 Majestics
3. (AXE) die bis auf den AXE sehr gut laufen.

Beim AXE geht so einiges nicht, wie z.B. die Radios. Version 1.13

Irgendwie habe ich es gestern geschafft, das der AXE auch lief aber dafür ging dann meine NGX nicht mehr richtig.

Bei der NGX sind ein paar Symbole im Display die gar nicht hingehören.

das ganze Läuft über COM 3 - bei Version 1.13 ohne Probleme

Möglicherweise hast Du es ja schon geschafft das ganze richtig zum laufen zu bringen.
Ich kapiere das mit der Kopiererei nicht ganz...............
Ich denke das liegt an den Systemdateien das dann irgend etwas überschrieben wird.

Bei den Standardmaschinen meldet die Konsole immer irgend welche Fehler die kein Mensch versteht.
Das war mit Version 1.13 alles nicht.

möglicherweise kannst Du da eine bessere Anleitung geben.

Gruß aus EDDM

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Hi All

There appears to be a problem with LINDA 2.0 operating with the Original MCP1.  I will work with F.Skywalker to investigate offline.  My advise at the moment is that if you have a working system then there is no need to change it.  The main advantage with LINDA 2.0 is for owner of the MCP Combo Airbus FCU panel which was previously unsupported.  Zaran, as you are only interfacing with a throttle and stick then there is no need to upgrade.

Andrew 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi,

I very often thought that it might be very helpfull to have a key shortcut for: RELOAD LUA ENGINE

From time to time it happens that I loose the connection to some functions. After reloading the lua engine everything is back to work.

Would it not be grat just to have a shortcut....?

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom

Good suggestion. I have today passed control of LINDA 2.1+ to Atem and I'll let him consider your suggestion.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

While desperately trying to set-up the VRi Airbus FCU with LINDA 2.0 on a friend's computer, there is a general question coming up. Is it possible to set-up LINDA 2.0 without having the original LINDA 1.XX running before? It seems that not all entries are made in the FSUIPC.INI to run LINDA successfully. When I connected the Airbus FCU to my computer (I run the old MCP Combo) and just copy the new LINDA 2.0 files over the existing install of my linda 1.XX I get it to work. No joy however when trying a vanilla install of LINDA 2.0 on another computer.

Btw: as far as I have seen when doing some trials on my computer, the ALT managed (push ALT knob) function does not work. It does nothing, While you can clearly see any VC knob being pushed (SPD, HDG, V/S...), the ALT knob does NOT move at all. Pull is ok - just not push.

Oskar

Hi all,

I was running 1.13 without issue but recently followed the suggested advise to install 2.0.

Question/issue:

How do I stop the Linda (monitoring) Console window from opening when Linda is launched? I didn't have this problem with 1.13; I have Linda setup the same way, via a FSUIPC 'RunIF' statement, minimizing to the SysTray. But the Console window also keeps appearing; looks like it monitors the FSUIPC.log file? If I manually close the Linda Console window, I can re-open it as expected from the Linda windows - F1 link. But how do I stop if from appearing every time Linda 2.0 is launched?

Thanks a bunch.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Nevermind the above, I finally got the console to stop appearing upon startup.

Although I had the MCP section disabled (unchecked) in the Linda Settings, the Comm-port box had comm7 and was putting in a VRInsight section in my FSUIPC.ini. I set the comm-port box to null (--) and removed the VRInsight section from the FSUIPC.ini.

Apparently the console was appearing because comm7 wasn't communicating with anything; as it shouldn't, I don't have a MCP.

Maybe the comm-port box setting should be ignored (removed from the FSUIPC.ini file) if the entire MCP setup section is disabled.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

They can't do that because there are people like me who use multiple VRi devices in FS and I would be cheesed off if it removed my other settings for my other devices in FSUIPC just because I disabled Linda's MCP support.

Cheers, Andy.