Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Anyone else getting the dreaded R6025 windows error message?

Just as I thought I'd got P3D running beautifully...

I'm getting a windows error window popping up every so often about error R6025 then P3D shuts. Searching around the web it appears to be a common occurance with some P3D and older FSX installs.

It appears to be something to do with the Microsoft C++ libraries so as advised on other forums I've repaired my latest 2012 version but so far it hasn't totally got rid of the occasional message and P3D crash.

Has anyone else here had this error and found a reliable solution?

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Check if you have a RAASPRO entry in your dll.xml. That's what was causing the error for me. Removed it and the error is gone.

Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Check if you have a RAASPRO entry in your dll.xml. That's what was causing the error for me. Removed it and the error is gone.

Cheers.

Hi Alvega thanks for the tip. I did search for the RAASPRO entry in the dll.xml file but nothing there. Glad that it worked for you though. Very frustrating!

FSUK.jpg

This error is called by Microsoft Visual C++ packages whenever a program is improperly installed. Microsoft Visuals are installed by the developers to make sure their application was installed as intended. If it wasn't and it cannot find a required file, registry entry, etc., the error is created. There is no fix that fits everyone's installation of P3D. Alvega got the error with RAASPRO. Many others who have installed RAASPRO have not had the issue (including you). Most likely an addon is looking for a registry entry and cannot find it. You need to determine when the error started and what was installed just before the error started. That is the likely culprit. Another method of investigating your problem is to disable all of your addon scenery and see if this fixes the problem. If it does, then it's one of the addon sceneries and you will have to enable the addons 2-3 at a time until the error returns to find the addon causing the problem. Another method would be to disable all of your modules shown in the dll.xml. Once disabled, see if the error continues. If not, then most likely it is one of your modules. When you install P3d and any addons, you should make sure that UAC is disabled and any anti-virus program is also disabled and these security programs may have prohibited a required entry in the registry or a file to be installed thinking a virus or malware was being installed.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the useful info Jim. I'm suspecting that ASN, FSUIPC or FTX Vector is the culprit so will do some testing later. 

Cheers

Adam

FSUK.jpg

Same problem here, with only these addons installed:

- Piper Cheyenne X (not working)
- Real Air Turbine Duke v1.2
- REX 4 - Textures
- Demo install of ASN NEXT BETA for Prepar3d (not activated yet)

I'm currently uninstalling everything including my AV scanner to do a full clean install. Hopefully, it will be gone.

Debugging will be very time consuming, the error can take up to two hours to occur. <_<

Just a quick followup:

I removed everything and did a basic install without any addons.

Flying a built-in plane from FACT to FAUP and after more than an hour the error popped up again when I got close to FAUP. So it turns out that it isn't caused by any addon but probably directly related to a problem with the sim itself.

I had this problem too, wish I could say I fixed it and I did try everything but it still kept on ruining my flights. Re-installs of the VC libraries, removal of add-ons, re-installing graphics drivers. Only thing I didn't do was re-installing Windows but there's no way I'm doing that anymore. Fortunately I had a $9.99 monthly trial for my P3Dv2 so I went back to FSX which is working perfectly. I do miss the lighting and shadows engine from P3Dv2 though. Hope they'll sort it out in the next version, I'll buy the academic license as soon as they do. Maybe you guys can find a solution, in the meantime I'll be doing some actual flying instead. :)

I guess that the only option left is to report in the Prepar3d forums and hope that a developer will be able to reproduce it.

I just did a flight from EHAM to EDDI and Prepar3d didn't crash. So the FACT - FAUP route might be triggering the problem for me.

Repairing the current Microsoft C++ library (in your control panel/uninstall program folder) fixed it for me - hopefully permanently but I'll report back if it happens again.

No repeat of the problem since last  Friday so far. I've also raised this as a topic over at the P3D official forum.

Adam

FSUK.jpg

I experienced this error yesterday (4 times). It started to happen after I've installed some freeware AI traffic files. I've uninstalled AI traffic but problem persisted. I gave up and did a full system recovery with Acronis (to the point before I install this problematic addon), after recovery problem solved. I am guessing installing some legacy addons are permanently damaging C++ libraries. So, uninstalling that addon doesn't work because damage was already done. I hope LM team will come up with permanent solution, but until that I strongly suggest taking system backups regularly. These kind of problems happen all the time, don't try to solve the problem, go back to point that your simulator was working 

I don't think that the actual DLLs can be corrupted by installing third party addons because they're digitally signed and automatically repaired by the system.

However, it might be that a specific P3D bug might be triggered by a different version of the (in my case) msvcr100.dll file. The fileversion, which can be found under the explorer properties - details tab is 10.0.40219.325.

You can also look this up in the eventviewer at the time when P3D crashed. It lists the actually used version.

The filedate of the msvcr100.dll file in my system32 folder is from 2011 so it doesn't seem to have be replaced with a different version. This should be the used version in my case because the P3D folder doesn't containt the file.

So if someone could look this info up we can check if we're running the same version, or not.

I also ran the command sfc.exe /verifyonly to check for any errors in my dll's and other system files. All files were verified to be 100% OK and no repairs were necessary.

thanks!

Started happening to me this past weekend. I never saw this error with the same addons on my old PC with P3D 2.2 either.

Uninstalled all addons except for FTX global and some regions. Still getting the error.

So if someone could look this info up we can check if we're running the same version, or not.

That dll is from the Microsoft Visual 2010. I have the same version as yours. For your issue to be the Microsoft Visual or a Microsoft.net file, that would be unlikely. Developers use these programs to make sure the product is installed properly and, if not, it throws an error like the R6025. It could be a sharing problem or your product was not installed properly and User Access Controls (if enabled), did not allow a file to be installed or a required registry entry made. There are so many possibilities. You do not need to uninstall/reinstall Windows or any program. If you disable any modules in your dll.xml for P3DV2, disable any addon scenery, don't run programs like ASN and use the default weather instead, and move your P3D.cfg to another folder and let P3D rebuild it, you basically have returned P3D back to where it was first installed. If the error continues after doing that, then you probably have a problem with the P3D program and not an addon.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10