Sign in to follow this  
noels7

Problem saving flight when using P3D V2.2

Hi

I continually have a problem saving a flight when using Radar Contact with P3D V2.2.

I save file option from within P3D V2.2. Save path  for .flt and.wx files in Radar Contact options is set correctly.

Rebuilt scenery db has been actioned. MakeRwys.exe is updated and has been run. Latest P3D V2.2 FSUIPC

version is installed.

For some reason when I save a flight (Noel)  the following files are created: Noel.fxml, Noel.rcd, and Noel.WX.

No file named Noel.flt is created and when I attempt to resume a saved flight by selecting Noel.rcd file, ok a

dialog box appears saying that .flt cannot be found and Radar Contact starts from initial start of flight plan in P3D V2.2.

What am I doing wrong or is Radar Contact not fully compatible with P3D V2.2 ?

I have even tried renaming Noel.fxml to Noel.flt but that just crashes Radar Contact and P3D V2.2.

I have searched the forum but have not found a solution to the problem.

Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

Here is the link to fsuipc4 updates for P3D2.2;

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Note the reference to required installation of P3d3v22 hotfix:

"

Install complete FSUIPC version 4.934 Install FSUIPC4934 for FSX and Prepar3D versions 1.4 and 2.0, 2.1, 2.2

-- Main change is full support for Prepar3D versions through to 2.2 build 10438.

-- NOTE: it is not compatible with the original release of P3D 2.2. You must apply the hotfix from Lockheed Martin!

--                   (Get it from the link in this P3D message:http://www.prepar3d....iewtopic&t=6453)

-- Please see the History document after installation for full details of changes. "

See if that helps.

Hi Ronzie

Thanks for your response. Paragraph 1 of my post stated that FSUIPC is updated  for Version 2.2 

and is the correct version which took into account the flight planner hot fix.

Regards

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

Any option in P3D to load its plan format and export to FSX? Any sticky preference option? I saw in a Yahoo search a reference a convert folder.

I pointed a P3D user to this thread that might assist.

I cannot find any option.

I searched Yahoo using 'convert folder' and other variations of  P3D -FSX convert flight plans but

unable to find any reference. Maybe you have a link.

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

Have you tried a query on the P3D forum here?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Radar Contact. Awaiting new registration key.

Have also posted on Lockheed Martin's P3D web site.

Will see how I go from here.

Regards

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

For some reason when I save a flight (Noel)  the following files are created: Noel.fxml, Noel.rcd, and Noel.WX.

No file named Noel.flt is created and when I attempt to resume a saved flight by selecting Noel.rcd file, ok a

dialog box appears saying that .flt cannot be found and Radar Contact starts from initial start of flight plan in P3D V2.2.

Unfortunately Prepar3D version 2 does not save flights in FSX or FS9 .flt file formats, only its new fxml format. For compatibility it can actually load .FLT files, but not write them.

I don't think there's an easy answer, but I'll look to see whether FSUIPC's AutoSave can force a .FLT file to be produced. If so I might be able to find an automatic conversion way. If not then I'm afraid the only answer would be for RC to be updated to read fxml files, or for someone to write a little conversion program.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

No. It's as I thought. This is what is says explicitly in the P3D v2 documentation:

Flight files have the extension .FXML. If the extension is not specified, it will still save as an .FXML. If the deprecated .FLT extension is specified, it will be overwritten as an .FXML. It is not possible to save deprecated .FLT files.

FSUIPC's autosave does actually provide the .FLT specification, and this used to be okay in P3Dv1. But in v2, as you see, it only produces .fxml files.

The only way, therefore, assuming RC is never going to be updated, is to have a conversion utility. I suppose one could be written as a Lua plug-in, reacting to flights being saved automatically by using the event.sim(FLIGHTSAVE ... function.

Pete

The OP is not alone in this problem.

Of course not, I would assume there was more that one P3D v2 user here!

Pete

But I do find it interesting that only the OP and I seem to have posted here.  I tried sending a log to JD about this but we ended up in a somewhat circular conversation.  It is interesting to me that only two of us have brought up the problem here.  Does that mean not too many P3D flyers are using RC any longer?  I've taken to simply managing my flight sim hours (I'm retired so I can do that within broad limits) so that I can fly any given flight at one sitting.  If something interrupts my flight and I have to save it, then I am reduced to using the default ATC (laughably poor) in place of RC.  Far from a perfect work around.

Hi Peter and Dan

Thanks for your input Peter. As per usual your genius and assistance prevails to help your

fellow sim users. It would be great if you or someone with the necessary skills could

produce a conversion utility.

Can you explain why P3D V2 onwards changed to .fxml format?

Dan I guess I will have to manage my flights as you are doing.

Regards

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

Thanks for your input Peter. As per usual your genius and assistance prevails to help your

fellow sim users. It would be great if you or someone with the necessary skills could

produce a conversion utility.

Not just +1 Peter.  +147 in my book

I am not sure if RC actually uses the fxml file if that is the flt equivalent. What is the extension for the flight.pln?

If only the fxml file is used to set the P3D2 state, then RC only needs to modify its handling of the extension to feed it to P3D2.

The .rc file sets the RC state and has the parameters the other file names.