Sign in to follow this  
BSLEP

Flight Plan Problems

Hello, lately I have started creating my own AI flight plans with AIFP and FPGen by Rysiek Winawer. I compile the AIFP plans with the built-in compiler and FPGen with TrafficTools. But I have ran into a problem, the traffic doesn't show up! Yes, I have the .bgl files placed in the (Flight Simulator\Scenery\World\scenery) folder, also, there were no errors in any of the flight plans. Most of the flight plans that I have downloaded (from MAIW and other third-party downloads) work fine, but some of them don't show up! Any help would be appreciated!

~Bryson Sleppy~

If this is for FSX then :

I think you have a mix of FS2004 and FSX flight plans.

AIFP making flight plans for FSX and TTools for FS2004.

AIFP can change the flight plans to FSX flight plans,let AIFP search for FS2004 flight plans in your Scenery\World\Scenery.

In a short story,you can have all FS2004 flight plans or all FSX flight plans,but you can't have a mix.

Jan

Thank you for your response Jan, actually, I am using FS9 (I knew I forgot to say something!). And I looked at AIFP, and the flight plans have a target version of FS9, I even compiled them again for a target version of FS9, but they still don't show up.

Bryson

Jan, I also just "validated" the flight plans with AIFP, and a message saying "Flight Plan List validates without error" appeared.

Bryson

Bryson,

If you open TTools flight plans with AIFP and compile them with AIFP again?

You say : "the traffic doesn't show up"  you mean all the traffic?

Are you on the right time on the right airport?

I have no more ideas.

Jan

Jan,

Yes, I am at the right airport at the right time.

Bryson

And no, not all of the traffic, just certain files do not show up.

Bryson

Bryson,

If you know which traffic can not be seen, do this once in AIFP,AIFP have a fault finder.

Jan

First, be sure you are using GMT time when checking.  That is what is listed in the flight plans.

Second, be sure that the listing in the aircraft.txt file (whatever it's name) is *exactly* the same as the title= line in the aircraft.cfg file.  Even a space at the very end will cause it to not appear.

Thank you Jan and Tom. Jan, I could not find a "fault finder" in AIFP2 or TrafficTools, although in AIFP, there is a "Validate Flight Plan" button, which I used for the two flight plans that were not showing up. For both plans "Flight Plan Validates with no problems" resulted.
Tom, I have always been in GMT when checking. And yes, all of the aircraft.txt IS exactly the same, and AIFP said that they were. The problem is not for EVERY flight plan I have, only two of them, one of which is self-created, and the other is edited.

The only other reasons I know for planes not showing up are:

1.  The plane itself is not properly installed and is not visible in FS.

2.  The flight plan has over 100 legs.